What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

I just finished a bottle of Fine Snakebite. I was using it alongside some Shaving yeti snot soap. Looks like the soap will be finished off in a day or two.

Next 3017 effort will be Captain's Choice Sandalwood (partial bottle)

Ruckin.

The bottle of DR Harris Windsor splash is no more. It's great stuff from both performance and scent standpoints, and I highly recommend. I will move on to a bottle of Booster Polar Ice splash for the remainder of the warm weather before switching back to St. Charles Shave's Lime Milk for the cold weather.

Polished off a big 16 ounce bottle of Tend Skin a couple days ago. I've already replaced it with another big bottle.

Tend Skin is as expensive as gold, but if you have pseudofolliculitis barbae, it is so, so worth it. Love it.

I have tried both, but not back to back so I might not have this completely correct (ie your mileage may vary).

I think the scent in the DRH seems a bit stronger and depending on my activities for the day I can still smell it at the end of the day. 10-15 min after application my wife would make comments like "wow that stuff is strong".

I am about 2/3 of the way through a bottle of the CC at the moment. Still smells of sandalwood but it seems a bit more laid back. I have no idea how long it lasts but if doing something physical later in the day and wipe the sweat from my brow I can catch a subtle scent reminding me of which aftershave I used that morning. And so far the wife has not made a comment about how strong it seems (maybe she has a head cold or has given up offering advice :)

The other thing about the CC sandalwood that might just be psychological... is that it seems to remind me that it kind of belongs to the same bay rum family of the others in the CC line. I mean the bottles look the same, I keep them next to each other on the shelf, all the others are clearly some variation of bay rum... but like I said it could easily be in my head. I have learned to avoid stuff that is bay rummy due to negative wife reactions. But so far the CC sandalwood has been very wife neutral.

I have way too much shaving stuff right now so neither is likely to be replaced in the near future. But I would definitely consider getting both of them again. I would probably not 3017 the DRH and use it on occasion. The CC I would probably 3017.

So there is my comparison. You should factor in that both products were not used back to back and in terms of AS reviews I am in the pre-noob stage so my comments may be statistically insignificant or should be applied with copious amounts of sodium chloride.

Ruckin.

L&L Bandwagon. Good stuff, a barbershop with menthol. Excellent toning and conditioning. Now I'm back to eight AS. Culling the herd.

Just finished a bottle of CC Sandalwood over the weekend. I am now working on a bottle of Razorock baby blue. It is a 400ml bottle so I suspect it will take awhile.

Ruckin.

Today I finished OS Swagger. I was very pleasantly surprised by this splash, and will look for it again once I clear out a few more bottles. I have no idea what I'll use next, as I have five new bottles that I've only sampled, and like them all. It's confusing.

I have put the Booster Polar Ice away for the season, and took out the SCS Lime Milk, of which I have about a quarter bottle left. Once I finish that, I will work on the tube of Cade ASB.

I looked in the box and saw that I only have 5 AS in stock: Polar Ice, Floïd Blue, SCS Lime, Cade and Lucky Tiger. I never got into AS when I started (unlike soaps and creams). I can see myself settling on SCS AS products for the duration when I run out.

Almost done with my bottle of Alt-Innsbruck.
It has paired very well with my vintage P160 soap, and Cella before that.
It will be done in time for really cold weather to start. At which point I'll use a product that's a bit more winter-friendly.
Not sure what yet.

Top Bottom