What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

Nobody has signed up to 3017 a 400ml bottle of Floid? C'mon!

I'm kidding I can't even take the challenge to 3017 samples that I have...too many great choices.

Around May 1, I switched from the bottle of SCS Lime Milk to TOBS St. James, which I used for about 6 months last year (May-October). Here, 2.5 months later, I'm down to the last few milliliters of juice, and there's a shot that I make it to August. 12 months from a bottle of DR Harris AS Milk, 9 months from a bottle of TOBS St. James.....these things have staying power.

Nobody has signed up to 3017 a 400ml bottle of Floid? C'mon!

I'm kidding I can't even take the challenge to 3017 samples that I have...too many great choices.

I have a 400 ml bottle of Flöid Blue sitting in my medicine cabinet, primarily because it doesn't fit in the AS storage box that I keep in my closet. Just looking at it, I get nervous. 9 months from 100 ml of St. James, and don't think I could face a solid 3 years of Flöid. In actuality, it would be 6 calendar years, since I only use splashes for half of the year. I think I may finish up my bottle of Caldey Island Fern, which I can't get anymore because of the new regs about shipping AS internationally, and they only sell direct. Alternatively, it may be a bottle of DR Harris Windsor. Probably Caldey Island, though.

I have a 400 ml bottle of Floid Amber - I love the scent, but as you said [MENTION=16143]beginish[/MENTION], I can't commit to years of a single aftershave. Heck, I can't even commit to one aftershave for a month at this point. 3017ing a soap is one thing, but I like to vary my post shave smell :)

I'm currently working at finishing off a 150 ml bottle of Floid Vigorosso. Have not used it exclusively from the moment I opened it but I'm committed to using the last 1/4 exclusively until it's gone. I regularly finish product just because I get a little weird about clutter so I limit how much product I can have at any given time. Consequently, I'm a finish and replace type. Plus, when it comes to AS, I have to admit that I apply "liberally" simply because I like to.

All that being said, here's my question....sorry I'm such a noob but I couldn't find the answer.....

What is the origin of 3017?

strop

Now half as wise
Bob, I don't think I could stretch out a bottle of aftershave that long if I tried!

I've completely fallen off the aftershave 3017 train, and am back to a rotation. I just acquired 5 different bottles of Japanese aftershaves that are great, and I can't bring myself to try to finish one of them. Not sure if I'll ever be able to replace any of them.

I have been on an AS 3017 journey this year. First it was Florida Water, and now I am on Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

Being a weeee bit OCD, this is no problem for me... :001_rolle

Just finished up a bottle of Stirling Barbershop AS yesterday. Love the aroma, and from the time I bought it this spring till yesterday, I may have used another brand 3 or 4 times, no more.

Next up is a partially used Co9T, which I used this morning.

Let's take our hats off to a now deceased bottle of TOBS St. James splash. 9 months of use from that really great AS, and at $26.99 for 100 ml, that works out to 10 cents per shave. So for the last 3 months my daily shave of Trumper Violet soap, TOBS St. James AS, and a Shark Super Chrome blade works out to about 26 cents per day.

3017ing a bottle of English Leather. The scent is not bad, but I am not a fan. I want it out of my den, never to return. Hopefully it will only take me a couple of weeks to finish the bottle.

Just finished off a bottle of Co9T this morning. I have about a half bottle of CC Bay Rum left, and that is all. Time to order some CC Sandalwood and Co9T.

Finished off CC Bay Rum this morning. I have two new bottles of AS on hand: CC Sandalwood, and Co9T. I will switch off between them from time to time as the mood strikes me. No more 3017ing AS for now. With only two, there is no need to thin the herd. :001_smile

Caldey Abbey Island Fern has been a great AS for the last two months, having just a hint of menthol to go with a great scent. Unfortunately, you can only get the full blown AS in the UK/Europe, due to restrictions on shipping alcohol-containing liquids to the States. I've heard that they sell the mix of fragrance oils that you can re-constitute as an AS upon receipt, but I haven't looked to confirm. In any case, I have not stockpiled AS the way that I have soaps/creams, so my bench is not deep, with Harris Windsor, Booster Polar Ice, Floïd Blue, and Old Spice in the cabinet. I've decided to use the Harris Windsor when I finish the Caldey Abbey in the next week or two, and will carry that on until it gets cold and I switch to a balm.

I just finished off my Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve this morning. Next up is a half bottle of Fine Clean Vetiver in one of the square bottles.

Ruckin.

Top Bottom