What's new

Afternoon naps. Do you take 'em?

Wee children take naps.

I must be well into my second childhood; an afternoon nap is now routine. In fact, it is the best hour of the day, often. Great retirement benefit.

You?

Depends on the day.

Busy days when I’m home early, maybe.

Days off, yup.

I’m a workaholic, and on my days off I still get up same time, shave early, write whatever music I need/want to, send it off, might play some video games depending on the time.

After that I get bored and crash out for an hour or so.

Pedigree: I own a company that other people run for me and work a full time job for exercise.

In other parts of the world it's the norm. Living in Cambodia 2pm was nap time because you sure didn't want to he outside in the tropical heat with a full belly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I used to nap in the afternoon when I had a job that required me to take a train to work. It was excellent and refreshing and I wish I could still do it. The rock of the train down the rails made it almost obligatory to nap and many if not most riders did so. Mine was the last stop so I could nap without fear of missing my stop.

I'd love to get back to that one day.

Chris

Takes me most of the day to wake up and get into gear, an afternoon nap would set me back even more hours. Night owl, night person, often feel i should just flip day for night and be done with it.
dave

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Quite often I nap after work but I don’t mean to. When I unload the trucks I have to start at 5am and then finish at 2pm. In Winter I go home and put the heater on to warm up the house. I quite often find myself waking up after an hour on the lounge after having sat down to set up the nightly TV recordings.

I've been known to stretch out on the couch after lunch a few times. The couch seems so much better for short naps than a bed, for some reason.

Back in the day I had gotten the knack of napping on a Twin Otter Turbo.
It helped to be wearing a down parka with a big fur-trimmed hood,
proxy.php

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm not retired but I must say a grandad nap is rather refreshing.
Stacking some Z's in front of the idiot box seems so wrong but so right.

In other parts of the world it's the norm. Living in Cambodia 2pm was nap time because you sure didn't want to he outside in the tropical heat with a full belly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And in the Southern US in the summer. We used to knock off for lunch and go back to work after a few hours, then work until dark.

Drink coffee, set watch alarm for 30 minutes, close eyes. Whether you only doze off for the last ten minutes or the whole time it always feels great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sleep pattern has become so rubbish these days I find if I do nod off in the afternoon, night time is even worse. I may have got one hour sleep last night at most.

I do it on vacation because everyone else does it.
If you have trouble sleeping, a hit of Indica can sometimes put you into that zone. It seems to be the new wonder drug for sleeping. In California, some of the assisted living homes have the Cannabis dispensary on the bus route (the Cannabus). It's illegal here in Va so I use alcohol for that but you can't keep that up forever.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I can’t do it. When I take naps, I end up sleeping. 3 hours later I wake up and I feel like total crap. Exhausted and grumpy. So when I’m feeling like I want to fall asleep during the afternoon I get up and do something.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Usually on Mondays- I am off on Sundays and Mondays, but never seem to fit one in on Sunday.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Only if I'm truly exhausted. Otherwise, I can't do it even if I want to. Even when I do pull out off, it rarely lasts even as much as 10 minutes, although I've noticed that things seem to be moving in a different direction as I close in on 50.

I do lie back and take it easy, though, when I need a rest. I've always done that.

Top Bottom