What's new

After Thoughts

Wow I noticed that after I used a fresh Gillette Sharp Edge blade I have a much better post shave feel than yesterday when I used a Rapira Platinum Lux for its 4th use. I’m smooth now and there’s no razor burn. I did only one pass…. and it’s quite BBS. I’ve tried liking the Rapiras but they’re just not the quality of the Petersburg products blades. I may buy more of these Gillette Yellows.

They are even bettet on the second shave:) Try them in an efficient razor if you have not tried it yet. R41+yellow sharp edge is great.

They are even bettet on the second shave:) Try them in an efficient razor if you have not tried it yet. R41+yellow sharp edge is great.
You know I do have a recently gifted R41. I’ve not used a Yellow in it yet. I’ll try it out! Good advice!

Don't even get me started on those Platinum Lux Rapiras. They only can shave my whiskers in the R41 and it is far from excellent. And to think I have 150 of those recycled beer cans.

Don't even get me started on those Platinum Lux Rapiras. They only can shave my whiskers in the R41 and it is far from excellent. And to think I have 150 of those recycled beer cans.
Speaking of Rapira PL, various information says they're quite sharp blades. I also used them in my R41, but for some reason they took off as much as the Shark SS did, I don't consider them very sharp at all, just on the level of Lord Platinum and Voskhod and Astra SP. Tried Ladas a couple of times, I would swear they are much sharper because they gave me a super close shave, but also tougher on the skin a bit, going against the grain around lips is a huge no-no.

I ordered a sample pack of Shark, Lord Platinum, both Astras, Mostochglemash blades and Derby, but honestly I think I'm just gonna stick to the German Wilkies or Gillette Platinum that I can buy at any store.

Wow I noticed that after I used a fresh Gillette Sharp Edge blade I have a much better post shave feel than yesterday when I used a Rapira Platinum Lux for its 4th use. I’m smooth now and there’s no razor burn. I did only one pass…. and it’s quite BBS. I’ve tried liking the Rapiras but they’re just not the quality of the Petersburg products blades. I may buy more of these Gillette Yellows.
If you like milder blades, I certainly recommend trying Shark super stainless, marvelous blade and very cheap.

I consider the Rapiras second tier blades. I can get good shaves with them but it takes more work to do it. They’re definitely not the equal of the Petersburg blades. Longevity wise they fizzle out after about 5 shaves.

Only used it once so far, but I really like the Sharp Edge in my Merkur Progress. Great postshave feel, can't say I really felt the blade either during the shave. It wrestles with the GSB for me personally.

Top Bottom