What's new

After some suggestions for a natural looking, non crispy hair styling product

Hi
Am after some suggestions for a decent hair product to use, I am currently using pomades but cannot find one I like, the oil based ones are a nightmare to wash out and just generally more greasy than I like, the water based ones tend to dry crispy like a gel and give a look that is gel like and dry at the same time.
What I am after is something that is not greasy looking but does not make my hair look dry, basically something with decent hold that is relatively natural looking, any ideas

1. Baxter of California Clay
2. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort
3. Paul Mitchell Clean Cut
4. Axe Natural Look Hair Cream
5. V76 by Vaughn
6. Malin + Goetz
7. Dove Men + Care paste
8. Fellow Barber Styling Cream
9. Bumble & Bumble
10. Layrite Cement

Hi
Am after some suggestions for a decent hair product to use, I am currently using pomades but cannot find one I like, the oil based ones are a nightmare to wash out and just generally more greasy than I like, the water based ones tend to dry crispy like a gel and give a look that is gel like and dry at the same time.
What I am after is something that is not greasy looking but does not make my hair look dry, basically something with decent hold that is relatively natural looking, any ideas

I first tried a hair tonic, Jeris without oil and was pleased. The only thing I didn't like about Jeris is the all day long scent. It is a nice scent, but any scent that long under my nose is too much.

I settled with Groom & Clean. The product is greaseless and almost scent free. The hold is adjustable by amount used as is the shine. I can wear this product all day without any irritation. Not much information on G&C on this site. It is sort of confusing for such a great product.

MM879

I use Groom&Clean, for more years than I remember. Great hold, and I have a dry scalp. Groom&Clean has lanolin and keeps my scalp moisturized, and when I shower it gives it sort of a pre rinse before I shampoo. Better hold for me than tonics or brylcreem. I still use tonics in the morning after my shower and before applying Groom&Clean, as I like the scent of Pinaud clubman and eau de quinine tonics. Vive la Groom&Clean :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
d:fi d:struct is a product I like.

I find two variables that matter:
How much product you use (doesn't take much).
How damp your hair is at the time of application.

If your hair is too wet when you apply you can get that crispy look when it dries, but it goes away as soon as you run a comb through it.

You might look into a styling wax. It does all that you are looking for in texture and hold but can also be used to create a slick/wet look if applied to wet hair. It will comb/brush out to a dry look that is pliable, not crunchy.

I just tried Dapper Dan "Matt Paste" yellow can. I don't like it, can't recommend it. It gives a dead greasy feel.

I really like the pomade by Barrister and Mann. It's kinda pricey at $12 or so... But light, lasting fragrance and firm, but not crisp hold. Washes out very easily, too.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

d:fi d:struct is a product I like.

I find two variables that matter:
How much product you use (doesn't take much).
How damp your hair is at the time of application.

If your hair is too wet when you apply you can get that crispy look when it dries, but it goes away as soon as you run a comb through it.

I agree with both of those statements.

So glad I found this stuff. Holds well, and I find it does not leave my thinning-on-top hair weighted down. I do not like greasy hair products, and this cream is great, even though it does contain petroleum. I actually apply it with my wet hands and it goes on easier that way for me & I'm able to style it easier when it's a little watered down. I really love the stuff. It's what I've wanted all the pomades I've tried to do all along.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
You might look into a styling wax. It does all that you are looking for in texture and hold but can also be used to create a slick/wet look if applied to wet hair. It will comb/brush out to a dry look that is pliable, not crunchy.
+1

Top Bottom