What's new

After shaving if you use post products then what ?

whatever you do for post product what do you do when done with your face ?

do you then wash your hands and done ?
do you rub it on your arms/body ?
Your head/hair ?

I always think why waste so I then rub whatever is on my hands all over my head :) but my hair is short like 1/8 or 3mm but I do love that gives the scalp a nice feel
which makes me wonder about some of the hair tonics but no need to get another product :)

so curious what others do :)

After schmearing whatevs on my face and neck, I might attack the back of my neck or even my knees.

Then I wash my hands. All of them.
Its the knees that made me crack a smile :) hahahah

I know I save my shaving soap that is left on the brush or in the bowl to wash my hands also when I am all done

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
My legs can get dry and my last step is usually a balm (Neutrogena Hydro Boost, CeraVe, pure dimethicone, etc).

My legs can get dry and my last step is usually a balm (Neutrogena Hydro Boost, CeraVe, pure dimethicone, etc).
Yeah I am in AZ and never had dry skin till here !!
I use that Cerave (spelling) got it at costco kinda tub looking with a pump so thicker than cream in a tube but works wonders Post shower !

For some reason my mind was seeing someone splash their face then their knees :) and going AHHHHH
can see that with balm in hand !

I do tend to do the splash after my head I then come back to the Neutrogena Hydro Gel and then often do the forehead area and over the bridge of the nose etc...
that Neutrogena has been magic for me !

I apply hyaluronic acid to my face after I rinse the shaving soap. I'll rinse my hands afterward. Once mostly dry & apply my aftershave splash. My most common aftershave is in a bottle with a mister so nothing is on my hands. But when I apply a splash with my hands, I pat my chest a couple of times after I'm done applying it to my face.

I try not to over-do it using any aftershave products. If I have an aftershave splash I will put a bit in my hand spread it on my face, give my head a quick wipe and wash my hands. An aftershave balm like I am using now, is similar to the splash. I small amount on my hand, spread it around my face and a quick head wipe and it's time to wash my hands. I'm not a cheap... I mean frugal person, but since I don't always have anything for aftershave I try to use a good amount without wasting.

Apply aftershave (always alcohol based) then rinse and towel-dry hands. Don't want my sangwich to taste like Old Spice.
back in my darkroom days would spend hours and my hands would get a mess with developer or fixer or whatever and I had that issue all the time !!!!! hahahaha brought back memories

I do not apply AS to my upper lip area cause I hate it as I do this lip roll thing a lot and yuck :) hahahahaha

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I very rarely have anything left over. I just wash my hands dry them and done. If I use a liquid lotion or a splash I may then rub my hands over my shoulders and chest area for the scent. I mainly use balms and spray EDT’s.

I usually do a cold water rinse followed by witch hazel on the parts I shaved and then a min or so later run aftershave balm on my face and any little excess on my fore head and the rest of my face.

Whats weird is prior to DE, I just rinsed my face with water and go but now I take the time to enjoy the experience/results.

I usually do a cold water rinse followed by witch hazel on the parts I shaved and then a min or so later run aftershave balm on my face and any little excess on my fore head and the rest of my face.

Whats weird is prior to DE, I just rinsed my face with water and go but now I take the time to enjoy the experience/results.
I use a 4oz Spray Bottle which previously came filled with Thayer's Rose Toner.
A few sprays to my face while I perform the necessary tool clean, rinse, and putaway.

At completion of that step (min or two later) is where the AS splash comes into play followed by a simple rinse/dry of the hands.

My final step is moisturiser. And that goes on my face and neck (the area I shaved) with any left over going on the back of my neck and my nearly bald head! :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
After the shave, rinse and pat dry, I always put my t-shirt on before I go to my chosen AS splash. Once my splash has been applied to my face and neck, I dry my hands by patting the palms on the chest area of my t-shirt.

This allows a bit more scent longevity thru out the day. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
After done shaving I rinse my face with warm water then cold water to remove any soap.
Then I towel dry and then spray on a little Dickenson's witch hazel(14% alcohol) and work the face to remove any soap residual and possibly use the razor if missed a small area with just the residual witch hazel and then use a dry wash cloth to remove the wet witch hazel, apply some aftershave and then a tiny dollop of balm in my hand and rub & smear on my face and good to go( all in 2 minutes of time Maximum.) Might sound over done but it really is no big deal and I enjoy the results.

After applying AS on face I go all around my neck and then rub my hands till it dries, gives a sense of freshness all around specially when using a mentholated aftershave!

After the shave, rinse and pat dry, I always put my t-shirt on before I go to my chosen AS splash. Once my splash has been applied to my face and neck, I dry my hands by patting the palms on the chest area of my t-shirt.

This allows a bit more scent longevity thru out the day. :)

I like this idea. Helps the scent linger longer. (Alliteration of the day!)

I'm gonna start doing this also. 👍

Top Bottom