What's new

After shave to reduce razor burn?

Poncho,

I use Natureade Aloe 80 (aloe gel). I needed it when I first started using a DE for razor burn from time to time, but it is also a great moisturizer. Now that I'm working on using a straight razor, I still get a little burn and immediately apply. I also like Baxter After Shave Balm. There are a couple of others I am using, but haven't actually applied them to razor burn.

Randy

I also have used Naturade Aloe80 with good success. I also have good luck with Truefitt & Hill Classic ASB. Some guys can't use it possibly because of the lanolin but it works well for me. L'Occitane CADE is another favorite of mine.

Jerry

I ahve used Aramis Razor Burn Relief for several years, works like a charm.
proxy.php

Brave Soldier Code Blue is the best product I've used for razor burn, hands down. I've used the Lab, Anthony, etc. This is both cooling and actually helps heal the burn.

Proraso liquid cream aftershave works wonders. As does a combo of the "old" Musgo Real (splash) with some Aloe 80. That combo will cure what ailes ya!

Poncho,

I've really started to like the C&E Sienna aftershave balm. This product works really well for me.

I recently tried the CAR peppermint a/s and found it to be very nice but the price may be a bit steep at $35. I would love to place an order for the cutting balm and the a/s balm but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Patrick

ponyplayer said:
Poncho,

I've really started to like the C&E Sienna aftershave balm. This product works really well for me.

I recently tried the CAR peppermint a/s and found it to be very nice but the price may be a bit steep at $35. I would love to place an order for the cutting balm and the a/s balm but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Patrick
I might be able to help. I use the CAR a/s and cutting balm, I can tell you this stuff works great and lasts forever. I have had these products for eight months and probably have three more months of use before I have to order more. It lasts like the energizer bunny.

Poncho,

First off, welcome to the neighborhood!

I know you asked about products that reduce razor burn, but why not eliminate razor burn all together?

I have been using Pacific Shaving Oil (PSO) from www.pacificshaving.com for about a year now. About 8-10 drops before each pass. No razor burn at all, even after multiple passes over the same spot, especially on the neck and throat areas.

I still use aftershave balms on occasion after a shave, but only for added moisturizing if I need it. Normally during the cooler months here in Texas. I get plenty of moisturizing with PSO otherwise.

Anything with aloe will soothe a razor irritation, but you might want to try PSO to prevent it in the first place.

Just a thought. It works for me; it might help you.

Cheers,
Richard
Long-time PSO User in Plano TX

TENDSKIN has always worked for me. Its purely a product to cure razor burn -- stings like hell, but the burn is gone in minutes. Totally gone. After it dries, I add a balm or moisturizer.

This stuff will quench raw hamburger! I agree, try not to get razor burn, but if you DO get it, KILL IT!

Tom

Hi poncho,

I know I'm from germany and it's a very looooong way to the United States, but if I have a razor burn, I use a After Shave Balm called: HASLINGER Ringelblume or in english> calendula.

It helps very quick and is very smooth to your irritable skin...

Regards

Thomas

I've used the CAR a/s and it is truly a good product.

I recently found myself out of a/s (long story) and, on a whim, applied a small amount of pure virgin olive oil to my face. I toweled off the extra to get rid of the greased pig look, and it was truly amazing. I usually have a pinkish hue in my neck area for about an hour after shaving, however, the olive oil was extremely soothing and made my skin look and feel great for the rest of the day. The smell left behind was very faint and quickly faded. Call me crazy, but I think I may have found my new favorite. I am planning on experimenting with this by adding some glycerine and maybe some fragrance to it.

Kyle

My vote goes to Hydrolast After Shave Cream from Charles Roberts of EnchanteOnline. Soothing, never greasy, delightful scents, very moisturizing. Couple a jar of this stuff with a bottle of Hydrolast Aromatic Tonic and you have a very pleasurable experience. Hydrolast products have no chemicals and are all-natural and healthy for your skin. This is top-shelf stuff in my opinion.

I've used A LOT of different after shave treatments and I'm very picky about what I use ... I'm sold on the Hydrolast creams without a doubt. I can't stress enough though, and a few others will agree with me, invest in a bottle of the aromatic tonic to go with the after shave cream. It makes a HUGE difference. To forego the aromatic tonic would be like getting a burger without fries :)

- Dave

AS provides multiple benefits for me: antiseptic, astringent, moisturizing, and toning. Seems counter-intuitive that an alcohol-based splash could do that, but after the initial shock, all of the properties mentioned above kick in and calm any burn I may have inflicted upon myself.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If the op is still alive (since his post was from 2005) I would suggest more attention to razor angle and pressure - the usual cause of razor burn.

Top Bottom