What's new

After shave recipe...somehow

Hi,

I even don't know, whether something like that exists or whether it is advisable to follow that path:
I am just climbing up that learning curve of DE shaving...and my skin is part of that experiment <cough>...
So I am looking for an after shave, which should have one single purpose: Calming down my skin and
care for its health. I don't like any scent/parfume or something else in that direction. No-odor is the goal.
Most of what one can buy has a scent/is parfumed in one or the other way...unfortunately....or it is
a Top Notch Bio vegan gluten-free lactose-free CO2-neutral product ... which costs simply much too much.
Don't get me wrong: Everything which helps the environment is GOOD! But: These phrases are used
in so much wrong context just for the purpose to push prices to even higher limits. If I buy a hammer I can
choose between an ordinary one, and a "bio product" which is lactose-free. You know what I mean.
Back to the road I was walking on:
Is there a recipe which describes which easy to obtain ingredients one has to mix to get an "home made after
shave" which fit my needs?
Without alcohol, glycerin or any aluminium salt (like alaun/alum)?

Sorry...WHAT? :) (I am still an newbie and a none native speaker...translated to german this gives me "Glücklicher Tiger"....an animal, which is more
than happy)...

HELP! :) :) :) :)

@BigJ is referring to this stuff
proxy.php

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm another for witch hazel. I use a Dickinson's Witch Hazel/Wahl Bay Rum mixed 25%/75%. Reasonable cheap, readily available (for me) and works well with very little smell. I go though about 2ml per shave.

I splash on Dickinson's Witch Hazel to calm down my skin before aftershave, and more often instead of. It does contain alcohol, but I also use it for skin irritations, cuts, etc. Thayers witch hazel does not contain alcohol, but I didn't like it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Real Witch Hazel does have a very slight amount of alcohol, but it's from the distillation process, they don't add alcohol to true Witch Hazel.
I believe the alcohol free versions are Witch Hazel extracts, and not "true" witch hazel, as it hasn't been distilled.
Not sure if that really makes any difference.

Hi all,

big thank you for all the input!!! I hope my translation of "Witch hazel" to "Zaubernuss" (german) is correct...will check what corresponds to what at the lokal market.

:)

Hi Multum in parvo,

there is always a dolmetscher in the background...great! Herzlichen Dank! Erleichtert die Suche nach dem Zaubertrank sehr.
Hearty Thank You! That will ease the search for magic potion even more!

Top Bottom