What's new

After decades years of electrics I'm back to the DE

Friends,
I'm new here; just wanted to say Hi. I learned to shave with a Gillette Super Speed in the '60's. Then, in the late '70's I was seduced away (perhaps by the ads read by Paul Harvey) to a Schick Flexomatic, then to a Remington. Now that I'm older and wiser I've returned to the DE world. I got myself a c. 1948 SS (my original disappeared ages ago) and have a Tech on the way. I used to use Gillette Foamy - - am now trying D.R. Harris's "Marlborough" and brush. Seems good so far.
Am thinking of going after a Gillette New Type model - don't know if I should be looking for long or short comb. Maybe even venturing into an Old Type. I don't want something very aggressive....at least not until I get my technique back again. But, I'm an "old fashioned" kinda guy so would prefer to use an older DE if I can do so without chopping myself up. Any advise as to long or short comb would be welcomed. I've been doing lots of reading here. So many people with such vast knowledge....I'll keep my head down and do more reading.
Good to see you.
there is a seller with a great lot of old gillette razors for sale that you can look into and welcome back to the de world

Top Bottom