What's new

After a couple months with an Occam's Razor

I do not like the floating blade design. I found it doesn't improve the shave and makes if more difficult to load and unload the blade. There is a very good reason SE and DE razors strive to secure the blade tightly. It improves the quality of the shave and reduces irritation. I used mine twice and it's sitting in a draw.

I have used the Oren regularly as part of my AC/SE rotation.I have used it as a Daily Shaver and have had no problems loading it, and a blade has never come adrift during a Shave.Some have suggested that if a blade feels too flexi one should bend it a little then the flex is lessened.
I have quite a harsh need to Shave daily type of beard and can get hassle free quality Shaves with my Oren on a 3 dot plate.

I just bought the Occam, and I am using it on the 3-dot (most aggressive) setting, so far with Feather professional blades (which Occam does not recommend as a choice for the most aggressive head). However, the shave is smooth and great.

I too was bothered by the floating blade, but it does not seem to pose any difficulties at loading, cleaning, or shaving. I also want to point out that the (lot more expensive!) genesis OneBlade (which I also use and like how it shaves) also has a floating blade. While it is enerving to shake the razor and hear the blade move, it seems that the shave is extraordinarily comfortable.

I just bought the Occam, and I am using it on the 3-dot (most aggressive) setting, so far with Feather professional blades (which Occam does not recommend as a choice for the most aggressive head). However, the shave is smooth and great.

I too was bothered by the floating blade, but it does not seem to pose any difficulties at loading, cleaning, or shaving. I also want to point out that the (lot more expensive!) genesis OneBlade (which I also use and like how it shaves) also has a floating blade. While it is enerving to shake the razor and hear the blade move, it seems that the shave is extraordinarily comfortable.
I concur. Tho' it is generally counterintuitive, the floating blade makes shaving angles (Adam's apple, jaw line) far less problematic than when using far more rigid machines, e.g., RX Asylum and Mongoose. The RazoRock v2.0 is a close second to my Occam in comfort.

Edit: I use the Feather ACs pretty much exclusively, as I did not get AC platforms for a thoughtless shave, but a truly most sincerely close one. They generally deliver.

I concur. Tho' it is generally counterintuitive, the floating blade makes shaving angles (Adam's apple, jaw line) far less problematic than when using far more rigid machines, e.g., RX Asylum and Mongoose. The RazoRock v2.0 is a close second to my Occam in comfort.

Edit: I use the Feather ACs pretty much exclusively, as I did not get AC platforms for a thoughtless shave, but a truly most sincerely close one. They generally deliver.
I now tried the Feather Pro-Guard blades - even better with them than with Feather Professional. I use Feather and Kai blades with safety razors -- I am wondering if Kai makes AC blades.

Top Bottom