What's new

After a couple months with an Occam's Razor

What is the difference between the hiram and enoch?
The Hiram just seems to be an OREN with a more "conventional" handle that's borrowed and improved upon from the Classic Shaving "Cobra Razor". The Enoch is a a three piece razor that has to be screwed and clamped together to secure the "head pieces" to the handle and the blade within the head, much like some DE razors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
What is the difference between the hiram and enoch?
I like the looks of these razors, The Hiram model has the possibly the occams head with the cobra handle and the Enoch is a different design totally and is available soon.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The Hiram just seems to be an OREN with a more "conventional" handle that's borrowed and improved upon from the Classic Shaving "Cobra Razor". The Enoch is a a three piece razor that has to be screwed and clamped together to secure the "head pieces" to the handle and the blade within the head, much like some DE razors.
Thanks for this!

I like the looks of these razors, The Hiram model has the possibly the occams head with the cobra handle and the Enoch is a different design totally and is available soon.
Very useful, thanks much!
I just checked their sight.
They even have one on sale for $50
Quite tempting...

I almost bit but the problem is I am selling everything that I had in my den except for a Schick adjustable that I use with twin blades from Japan. In fact I bought three of them and several years worth of blades for them. It likes my face.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
which adjustable? which blades? pictures please!
I almost bit but the problem is I am selling everything that I had in my den except for a Schick adjustable that I use with twin blades from Japan. In fact I bought three of them and several years worth of blades for them. It likes my face.

This is my go to now and my everyday razor.

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
I really, really did not expect much from this razor but it went on sale awhile ago and had a return policy so I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately this is turning out to be my go to AC format razor and my other AC format razors are complaining.

I will admit that the AC format is not my favorite blade out there and I most often use DE razors, then GEM format (or the Feather Valet format) with the AC format as an also ran but I've still used this enough over the last few months to have a feel on how it does with a variety of different blades and a number of different soaps/creams etc.

So far it has worked with any AC format blade I've tried including Feather Pro, Kai Titan Mild and Schick Proline. The blade is easy to change with just my fingers; no tool needed. It is without a doubt the easiest razor to flush after and during use short of a straight razor.

Some folk have said the had a hard time figuring out how to hold the sucker but for me it's been simple and intuitive. It likes a light hand and a classic Single Edge head on face angle. It loves diagonal strokes and both long and short strokes work.

The resulting shave is as good as any I from razor and any format; PDG+ near perfect two pass and minimal touchup. The shaves last a long time before noticeable stubble.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The razor comes with three different heads held in place with two Philips screws and two spare screws are included with the package. There is a noticeable difference between all three heads and I'm most happy with the medium so far. While there is a more aggressive head I do not find any significant increase in efficiency going to the three dot head and no increase in comfort dropping down to the one dot head.

proxy.php
I have one and it shaves like a Bic disposable. You get what you pay for. They state it has a "Floating Blade". Show me any other manufacturer who has a system like this? It's common sense, if a blade moves, it negatively impacts the quality of the shave. All manufacturers make sure the blade is secured tightly in the razor. It's cheap and the engineering needs a lot of work.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I had one and sold it nearly immediately. Shave was for me garbage. It left so much hair on my face I might as well have not shaved.

I had one and sold it nearly immediately. Shave was for me garbage. It left so much hair on my face I might as well have not shaved.
A lot of the problem is the blade is not securely held in place. I had a first generation Mongoose that had problems with short nubs. Sold it and have a 3rd generation that has higher nubs, problem solved.

This is completely unfair but the first time I saw this razor I immediately thought of my vegetable peeler and now I can’t get that association out of my head.

I bought an Enoch razor from Classic Shaving two years ago (just after it had been released). It is nothing at all like the original Occam's razor, which I owned and sold, nor the newer Hiram. It does not have a floating head; it is a three piece design as was mentioned above and clamps the blade very firmly. This razor doesn't get mentioned around here often, but it is my favorite AC style razor to date, easily surpassing the RazoRock Hawk (all versions), the original Occam's Razor and a Mongoose. I get 2 pass BBS shaves with my Enoch and a Schick Proline blade without any drama whatsoever. The head is thin and maneuverable around your face and under the nose, the handle provides good grip and the overall balance is excellent. My only quibble is that blade loading is a bit tricky until you get used to it. Classic Shaving now has a video on their site demonstrating the easiest way to load a blade. It took me a while to discover that method by myself a couple of years ago when I first bought the Enoch.

I have one thats a few weeks old. You get what you pay for. The floating head is a very poor design. I can't think of any other razor with that. The tighter the blade in the razor, the closer, irritation free shave you will get. I am not sure it's worth selling but it won't get any use from me.

I bought an Enoch razor from Classic Shaving two years ago (just after it had been released). It is nothing at all like the original Occam's razor, which I owned and sold, nor the newer Hiram. It does not have a floating head; it is a three piece design as was mentioned above and clamps the blade very firmly. This razor doesn't get mentioned around here often, but it is my favorite AC style razor to date, easily surpassing the RazoRock Hawk (all versions), the original Occam's Razor and a Mongoose. I get 2 pass BBS shaves with my Enoch and a Schick Proline blade without any drama whatsoever. The head is thin and maneuverable around your face and under the nose, the handle provides good grip and the overall balance is excellent. My only quibble is that blade loading is a bit tricky until you get used to it. Classic Shaving now has a video on their site demonstrating the easiest way to load a blade. It took me a while to discover that method by myself a couple of years ago when I first bought the Enoch.
I bought an Enoch when they were released a couple of years ago and for me, it's an amazing AC razor. It's a toss up for me between the original Cobra and the Enoch as far as efficiency, but the build quality on the Enoch is superior. I did pick up the OREN when it was released and it even with the most aggressive plate it just doesn't work well for my barbed wire stubble. My only concern with the Enoch is that I feel if I dropped it, it would be done for. I wanted to pick up a second, but it looks like there will be no new runs now that Classic Shaving was sold.

I'm with you on a 2 pass, no drama BBS shave with the Enoch. Except I don't use the proline (these are actually new to me) - Dorco blades are just wonderful in this razor!

I'm giving a few of the new AC razors a try and while none are as aggressive as the Cobra or Enoch, I'm really enjoying the new offerings. I'm hoping to pick up a stainless Vector at some point.

This is completely unfair but the first time I saw this razor I immediately thought of my vegetable peeler and now I can’t get that association out of my head.
I have that with my Broman 😝

Attachments

• 41622108-F040-400F-8989-1E01D0ACD546.jpeg
    41622108-F040-400F-8989-1E01D0ACD546.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 4
I have the Oren which I have used with success as a Travel Razor.Also I have the Enoch a faff to load but get the angle right and it delivers.
The Hiram for such a large Razor is quite easy to use and again delivers a good Shave and I have a heavy beard.

Top Bottom