What's new

After 49 years on this planet, I just had the best shave of my life.

Before I go on, I want to make sure that you all know that I really mean it when I say: YMMV

Was feeling kinda down, Mondays being what they are. Thought I would treat myself.

I work in an "engineering" department that expects the AutoCAD wranglers to be "hands on" with the production machinery that the programs go out to, so I can get away with jeans, a Henley, and three days worth of stubble.

Hadn't washed my face since this AM, so I figured I would try a new pre-shave ritual: Get my face hot water wet, and lather up, letting my skin oils help with my "slick & slide", and act as a razor burn barrier.

The setup- Merkur 1904, with an unused feather blade, a "pure badger", and a puck up William's, as a change from my normal Proraso Green (tub, not tube). I still did a face lather, I just swapped out soap. All these things, going up against 0.125" of beard. And not just any beard. Salt and Pepper, with a bunch of those mutant twisty grey hairs. Not curly. Twisty. Corkscrew looking little B@$^@&#$.

Holy cow. After the first WTG pass, I did a feel around, and found I could skip the XTG, and go right to ATG.
(Except for the mustache area. ATG is just suicidal there. Always WTG, then XTG in that one spot.)

BBS, after two passes, no razor burn, and only two teeny tiny weepers in one of my normal "trouble spots" (This is how I just learned that a styptic pencil is a little sweet tasting... Where's the Listerine?)

One cold rinse, and finished of with some Clubman Pinaud on the still damp face. (helps keep the alcohol sting down.)

Oh. My. Goodness. It STILL feels good, an hour later.

Considering that I have only been using a safety razor for just over a month, I'm actually a little emotional about it.

$resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you-re-the-man-now-dog-babdf4.jpg

It is always great to hear stories like this. The planets align, wildlife genuflects at your passing, and shave Nirvana ensues.

Well done, Sir. Well done.

Oh. My. Goodness. It STILL feels good, an hour later.

Considering that I have only been using a safety razor for just over a month, I'm actually a little emotional about it.

Congratulations on your first, OMG Shave! That's what B&B is all about. Believe it or not, it gets even better.

No matter what happens each day, you can confidently know that you'll walk out the door likely being the best groomed person at work.

Top Bottom