What's new

After 1.5 years of Wet Shaving, back to basica

The link you provided is a big help! I think I've been varying the angle too much, perhaps unconsciously trying to find the right position.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very helpful. I think i must have started around the same time as you or less. And i feel like i needed this basic info again i jumped back into my timeless 68 oc and had some blood due to bad form

Very helpful. I think i must have started around the same time as you or less. And i feel like i needed this basic info again i jumped back into my timeless 68 oc and had some blood due to bad form
I jumped in recently after getting a pre-war Gillette Tech. Everyone claims it’s mild. It’s relatively mild (could be the Sputnik blade), but it’s not that dreamy, zero feel and lots of feedback shave I desire.

So I’m starting with the center if the cap, finding where i get the audible feedback and going from there and using an incredibly soft touch.

Not sure if was a blessing or not starting w a Rockwell 2c. That razor is so gentle

Last edited:
Excellent link. I was describing the rolling forward from the cap technique earlier today in a thread. I stumbled/intuited the method though, nice know it is findable, somewhere on the wiki though.

Top Bottom