What's new

afta skin conditioner

Is there anyone here who has tried this and can recommend? Does it dry out the face? Is it too sticky and causes sweating? Does it prevent irritation and shaving burns? The smell stays for a long time? What is the difference between original and fresh? I know I asked a lot of questions but try to answer only what you can
By the way how does it compare to nivea sensitive balm?
Many thanks :)
61Fn2cKSOYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Is there anyone here who has tried this and can recommend? Does it dry out the face? Is it too sticky and causes sweating? Does it prevent irritation and shaving burns? The smell stays for a long time? What is the difference between original and fresh? I know I asked a lot of questions but try to answer only what you can
By the way how does it compare to nivea sensitive balm?
Many thanks :)
I think the Nivea balm is one of the best products out there, (alcohol free)…..To address Afta….I used it for many years because it went on very smooth, had a bit of a cooling sensation, and I loved the smell. It has alcohol however and may dry out the skin a bit as well as burn some with a very close shave. But in summation, not a bad alcohol based after shave product.

Last edited:
It's a staple on my shelf. Effective for mild irritation or when you just want a soothing balm. Original is becoming scarce, I've not seen it in the stores for over a year. But I see Fresh still. Nice scent, a little more modern than Original, which is kind of a powdery barbershop smell.

It's a staple on my shelf. Effective for mild irritation or when you just want a soothing balm. Original is becoming scarce, I've not seen it in the stores for over a year. But I see Fresh still. Nice scent, a little more modern than Original, which is kind of a powdery barbershop smell.
Afta is a great value for what it costs and what it does for the skin. A local supermarket where I live (central Nebraska) had several bottles of both Original and Fresh in stock yesterday, so perhaps finding Afta Original is a regional thing? So it must be available, maybe more snooping around to find it. The store is called Super Saver, and they have the best inventory of popular aftershaves in my town, even better than the big box place. I recall both Aftas, Old Spice Classic and Pure Sport, Stetson, Brut, Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, AV Ice Sport, AV Musk, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Dollar Shave Club Balm, Harry's Balm, Everyman Jack Mint and EMJ Unscented, and Florida Water. Might be forgetting some. I was impressed!

It works as well for me as Nivea. YMMV. I enjoy the scent, as it can be used with Skin Bracer. I like to use Skin Bracer first, then I apply Afta. I only use balms when I get skin irritation afta a shave.

I've been using it recently and think it's great. Kind of vaguely reminds me of an Old Spice-type scent. It doesn't make my face greasy, but is really soothing as others said. Satisfying to use, pleasant stuff. Nivea is fine but I like this one better because it has that nice barbershop scent.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I really like it. I'm down to my last bottle of Afta Original. It's about half full. Another product I no longer see in stores around here.

Top Bottom