What's new

African black shave butter cream?

Hey I just got some of this for Christmas and I asked where she got it and it's from Target. I haven't tried it yet but it does smell good.

Has anyone on here ever tried it? If not I might test lather it today.

I tested it out on my palm this morning with 2 different brushes and didn't get a a lather.

I read up on it a little and it said it doesn't foam up like normal shaving cream but it is slick and protective.

I'll try it next week on my face to see how it is. If it doesn't work very well I might use it as a ubber lather or pre-shave cream.

Last edited:
I have used about a half a tub of it. It doesn't lather very well, but I like the job it does. I regret not performing the ritual of the brush, but I rub it in with my fingertips while showering, then rub some more in and then (and this one was important to me) keep some on my fingertips as I shave - keeping the shaved skin covered before the next pass.

Some people don't like the smell, but I do. When I am finished and dry I rub a kittle more on the shaven skin as an aftershave balm (my skin likes the Shea butter).

All that said, there are creams I like better, including C. O. Bigelow, Palmolive, and Kiss My Face. I have some Turkish cream in a tub that I haven't tried yet, but I love the scent.

Don't be afraid to try a lot of different creams (and soaps): you will probably find more than one that does a great job for you.

No avatar or cool sig

Top Bottom