What's new

Afl

I'll be heading to the SCG tomorrow night to watch the swannies beat Carlton.

any Carlton fans in here to have me gloat at after the win?

*crickets*

$crickets_188x166.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I thought the thread title was Alf not Afl...

I was [a Carlton fan] growing up - they are still my favourite MEL team.

Swannies all the way since they came to SYD though. Free tickets to all school kids back in the day!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

American Footbal League?
Arena Football League?
Hit enter before finishing AFLAC?

I'm guessing this is some Southern hemishpere thing.

Sorry to bother you Aussie mates. Hi. I found out about AFL recently. Though it was at first bizarre to my European eyes, I kind of like watching goals and marks videos (yeah I studied the rules!) on YouTube. I would be curious to watch a game in its entirety, one day.

Actually I enjoyed it so much that I bought a Carlton guernsey (not a club support here, that was just my favorite one in aesthetics terms, with the Geelong Cats guernsey that I may buy later) and I wear it at my basketball practice. I noticed people stared at it with curiosity but nobody dared to ask about it.

That was just my 2-cent anecdote. I will not disturb you again, do not worry :w00t:

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you Aussie mates. Hi. I found out about AFL recently. Though it was at first bizarre to my European eyes, I kind of like watching goals and marks videos (yeah I studied the rules!) on YouTube. I would be curious to watch a game in its entirety, one day.

Actually I enjoyed it so much that I bought a Carlton guernsey (not a club support here, that was just my favorite one in aesthetics terms, with the Geelong Cats guernsey that I may buy later) and I wear it at my basketball practice. I noticed people stared at it with curiosity but nobody dared to ask about it.

That was just my 2-cent anecdote. I will not disturb you again, do not worry :w00t:

Happy to answer any questions you have? It's the grand final this weekend between the top two sides so if you were ever going to watch a game it should be a brilliant match!

Don't be afraid to ask anything. As mentioned Saturdays grand final shapes up to be a real classic.
It's the greatest game on earth so it's only natural you'd like the game :)

It’s like the Superbowl of AFL? [emoji85]

Yeah I’d like to watch that game but I doubt any Euro TV will broadcast it.

Top Bottom