What's new

Affordable Synth Brush Similar to L'Occitane's Plisson?

Hi,

I would like to ask for recommendations for affordable synthetic brushes that lather up nicely and are soft to the face like L'Occitane's Plisson. Maybe a little larger knot, but not by much.

Thanks!

My experience is that the "Plissoft" brushes have a similar softness at the tips, but more backbone than the original Plisson knot. For some that's a feature and for others it's a bug (i.e., it's mushier). I happened to like the feel of the Plisson knot when I used it much more than the Plissoft brushes I've used.

Hi,

I would like to ask for recommendations for affordable synthetic brushes that lather up nicely and are soft to the face like L'Occitane's Plisson. Maybe a little larger knot, but not by much.

Thanks!

I've got a Razorock synthetic that is probably my favorite brush regardless of price. The fact that it cost $12 is a bonus.

From all the pictures and reviews of the L'Occitane's Plisson it looks like a smaller floppier version of the RR Bruce, 22mm vs 24mm.

Rumors have it that the knot made Yaqi. If that's the case, it explains why Yaqi syns are so good.

Either way, the RR Bruce and the Yaqi brown Ferrari are super brushes.

Get the Yaqi when it's on sale. It around $9.50 including delivery.

I haven't tried plisson but Yaqi synthetics are the best synthetics I know. Great performance with loads of softness. Most synthetics come from similar manufacturers so Yaqi is a good bet to go for.

Top Bottom