What's new

Aerotea

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm using my Aeropress at home so often, that by the time I get to work, I just can't drink any more coffee.

The thing is so easy to clean, that I decided to give my workplace press a whirl at making tea. The results? Well, I'm not quite ready to give up my yixing pots, and I guess that the learning curve will be substantially steeper than for brewing coffee, but there may be some potential here.

I haven't made a second attempt, so why do I bring this up? Simple- I know that some of you maniacs will have to try it now. Admit it- it's as if you just heard that there's a new flavor of Taylor cream on the market.

When you figure out the proper procedure, let me know!:drool:

While pressure works great for coffee, I would think you are leaching out more tannins if you use it for tea. My gut tells me gently infusing the leaves in lots of water is the best approach. Still, if you get good results I will be very interested.

I have only used tokoname pots, but have always been told that disturbing the leaves at all is bad. What type of tea did you try? I'm assuming coming from a yixing you prefer black, or oolong.

I'm using my Aeropress at home so often, that by the time I get to work, I just can't drink any more coffee.

The thing is so easy to clean, that I decided to give my workplace press a whirl at making tea. The results? Well, I'm not quite ready to give up my yixing pots, and I guess that the learning curve will be substantially steeper than for brewing coffee, but there may be some potential here.

I haven't made a second attempt, so why do I bring this up? Simple- I know that some of you maniacs will have to try it now. Admit it- it's as if you just heard that there's a new flavor of Taylor cream on the market.

When you figure out the proper procedure, let me know!:drool:

Hi ouch,

I often make tea in the AeroPress like this:

Mix the hot water and tea together in a separate cup for about a minute. (I use a measuring cup with a pouring spout).

Pour the slurry into the AeroPress. It will press through very easily.

Let us know how you like it.

Best regards,

Alan

PS Separate mixing is necessary because it will run through too quickly if you mix in the press.

Top Bottom