What's new

Aeropress to fill thermos

Does anyone do this? I have a mid-sized thermos (25 oz) and I'm going to start filling it for work with my aeropress. Does anyone do this and have a recipe for this ratio? I know everyone's tastes are different and I'll tailor it to mine, but I'd like a starting point.

I'd be in trouble, i use 28 - 30g of coffee, around a fill of the Hario Mini Mill, to 4 fl oz. of water (a full Aeropress) for my cup of coffee. Maybe a French Press?

I'd like to find out as well how others might do it.

dave

I would skip the Aeropress and do a #4 pour over directly into the Thermos.

You can make the Aeropress work for this,
but it will be a long, arduous process,
involving numerous refills and pumping the piston.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Do you drink the brew straight from the aeropress or do you dilute? Mm.. maybe buy another aeropress and fill/swirl/pump side by side, then top off the rest with hot water? But I tend to side on the french press side, you can buy one that comes pretty close to the size of your thermos and go from there.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't used the aeropress for some time, but I remember loving it. Just got busy in the mornings and went to a machine. Trying to get away from it. I only drink two, rarely 3 cups of coffee at work a day so I got a small thermos to use. I think I remember using more grounds to make a stronger brew and topping it off with water. I"ll have to play around with the water and coffee ratios, but I used to brew two cups out of one press, so that's what I'm trying to do now.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Oo hey if you like a stronger cup, maybe get a bigger moka pot (they come in various sizes) and use that? It brews an espresso-like coffee (I recall the aeropress uses similar language)... might do the job.. just a thought.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I sometimes fill my 30oz Yeti from my AeroPress. 2 of the AeroPress scoops of ground coffee and fill, stir 10 seconds, and plunge. I then top off with hot water. Adjust to your liking but it works well for me when I choose to make it this way.
marty

Aeropress is not designed for volume coffee brewing.

I find using pour over to be the best for filling a carafe or thermos if you want to avoid the step of brewing then pouring into a carafe or thermos.

proxy.php

Top Bottom