What's new

Aerolite knot on different handle?

I am a fan of the PAA aerolite. I like the slightly flatter "fan" shape and love the aesthetics of the knot along with its efficacy. I know many have custom brushes made for them. Is the Aerolite knot available to purchase just as a knot, and have a custom handle affixed? Can the knot be removed from the Aerolite and put on a different handle? Or is there a similar knot that would fit the bill? I generally like the look of the Aerolite overall, but I think I would prefer a different handle. Where's the best place to start? thanks

BTW... in over 15+ years of traditional shaving, I never cared much for trying a bunch of different brushes (or razors, for that matter). I was more interested in the software than the hardware. Have been using the same Crabtree and Evelyn best badger brush for over 90% of that 15 years. Synthetics have me intrigued though, and I've been very impressed with the few data points I have thus far. So thank you for entertaining my newbie questions in this arena.

Last edited:
Last time I looked, you can buy the Roswell Grey knot separately in 24mm or 26mm size from the Phoenix (PAA) website. This is the same knot as the Aerolite has except for some color differences.

Last time I looked, you can buy the Roswell Grey knot separately in 24mm or 26mm size from the Phoenix (PAA) website. This is the same knot as the Aerolite has except for some color differences.
Thanks... I totally missed that those knots are sold on PAA site. Aerolite uses the Stygian knot. thanks.

So who do I go to to get a custom brush? What are your recommendations? thanks again

Last edited:
I have several PAA brushes, the brushes work very well but they probably shed more bristles than any other synthetic knot I have experience with. Doubt it makes any difference in the performance of the brush however.

Top Bottom