What's new

Advice on Yaki Barberpole Wanted

I have always wanted add a barber pole brush to my collection and saw there was a nice Yaki synth or 2-band badger on offer. What is the expert opinion on these and which might be better? I like both Synth and Badger and already have both types but it’s the lovely barber-pole that is enticing me (24mm). I don’t want anything too scritchy or floppy so I need advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have always wanted add a barber pole brush to my collection and saw there was a nice Yaki synth or 2-band badger on offer. What is the expert opinion on these and which might be better? I like both Synth and Badger and already have both types but it’s the lovely barber-pole that is enticing me (24mm). I don’t want anything too scritchy or floppy so I need advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The barberpole with mew brown knot is a wonderful brush! The handle looks great and it's very ergonomic! Three knot is probably my favorite from Yaqi!

This brush was part of my recent Yaqi brush batch I ordered.

Another round of Yaqi synthetic brush reviews...

I have the barber pole with the 2 band badger knot. I like it a lot. It's a great value, has soft tips (not scritchy at all) and good backbone for a badger.

I have the barber pole with the 2 band badger knot. I like it a lot. It's a great value, has soft tips (not scritchy at all) and good backbone for a badger.

The Yaqi two band finest is an excellent knot!! Excellent value for money.

Wow...you guys are not making it easy for me! I have a RazorRock Synth which is great..and a Simpsons Badger. Most of my preferred brushes are boars though. Still, that barber-pole is calling me..and the price is right for both options! Tough choice here!

Backbone should be the least of your concerns with either Yaqi 2 band or Yaqi tuxedo. I have boars that are floppier than the Yaqi 2 band and i consider all of the Yaqi tuxedoes i have as having slightly more backbone that i would like. I don't have the barbepole model, but i have i think 8 Yaqi models (2 band, tuxedo, plissoft) and lack of backbone is the last thing that crossed my mind with them. The tuxedo should have more backbone than your mew brown.

Top Bottom