What's new

Advice on Simpson chubby 1 super badger

Hey everyone does anyone else have a Simpson chubby 1 super badger that gets like gel tips.I got it 3 weeks ago been using it every few days and its got like hooks on the end of the hairs.Is this natural for a super badger or is the hair damaged?It's super soft and i'm enjoying the brush but didn't think it was supposed to go like this.Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200927_120235[1].jpg
    20200927_120235[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 20200927_120250[1].jpg
    20200927_120250[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • 20200927_122653[1].jpg
    20200927_122653[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • 20200927_122752[1].jpg
    20200927_122752[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • 20200927_123000[1].jpg
    20200927_123000[1].jpg
    1,012 KB · Views: 138
I've got 2 simpson brushes in best and the they havent gone like this some of the hairs have split ends also.Not many but a few.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have owned several Simpson brushes in all grades and none of them have had gel tips and nor have the ends split. I believe that gel tips require the hair to be treated including bleaching which as far as I know Simpson do not do but I may well be wrong. Gel tips seem to be the fashion at the moment but I prefer a scrubby brush so I do not care for them. If you like the brush as is then enjoy it, but I do not think it is the norm for Simpson brushes and I hope they are not introducing gel tips into their range.👍

I have owned several Simpson brushes in all grades and none of them have had gel tips and nor have the ends split. I believe that gel tips require the hair to be treated including bleaching which as far as I know Simpson do not do but I may well be wrong. Gel tips seem to be the fashion at the moment but I prefer a scrubby brush so I do not care for them. If you like the brush as is then enjoy it, but I do not think it is the norm for Simpson brushes and I hope they are not introducing gel tips into their range.👍
That's what i was thinking i've never heard anyone mentioning hairs jelling on a simpsons.I don't know if to send it back i got it on amazon so only got a few days to get it back.I do love the feel of the brush i face lather it's like a pillow but it cost a lot and don't want to regret not sending it back.Can't make my mind up.

I have a chubby 2 and persian jar 1 in super and the persian jar is gelly but the chubby is not. Now as for shedding on the chubby 2 thats a different story...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have no idea if this normal or not. Why not shoot Simpson an email with a couple of photos and see what they say. I would be interested to know what the manufacturer has to say.

No need. The knot & hairs look absolutely fine to me!

A great CH1 example.
Thank's thats put my mind at rest.I absolutely love the feel of the brush it's got everything i want.Was just a bit paranoid that nobody elses had gone like this.Thanks so much for the feedback.

Thanks everyone for your advice.It's so nice to hear other peoples opinions.I'm definately keeping the brush its my absolute favourite right now.I love it more than the last one i got.I always do.lol Thanks so much everyone.Cheers.

Everything seems to be fine, my new Chubby1 Super Badger has the same light gel tips as yours.
It seems to be a different batch than before. I also have an older Super Badger that does not have these signs.
But it is not bad, because this chubby1 feels very good, only I have never had this feeling with a Simpson and I have a lot of Simpsons to choose from.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Chubby 1 Super Badger must be my all time favorite brush, maybe a tie with the Classic 1 Best Badger. Perfect size, density and face feel

Enjoy it!

Everything seems to be fine, my new Chubby1 Super Badger has the same light gel tips as yours.
It seems to be a different batch than before. I also have an older Super Badger that does not have these signs.
But it is not bad, because this chubby1 feels very good, only I have never had this feeling with a Simpson and I have a lot of Simpsons to choose from.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

LOVELY line up!! :a29: :a29:

Top Bottom