What's new

Advice on new setup needed

Hey guys,
Intrigued by all the custom builds talked about and shown here. I'd like to join in and build one up.
Being new I'm unsure on where to purchase and what is considered fair pricing.

Looking to offset chew and other tobacco use with this build. I'm guessing clouds will provide a bigger hit so I targeted the new Magma and Mad Hatter RDAs as a solid place to start with flexibility and longevity.

Are there any among you that could direct me to where and what I should be throwing in my cart for this build?
Matching up the RDAs, batteries, coils, cotton, etc is a little daunting.

Hi mate, I am in the UK so can't recommend stores but hopefully can help by giving advice. Clouds won't provide a bigger hit, more nicotine will do that. What setup do you currently have? Or would this be your first setup?

I've tried some of the pen style Vape tools, but they have been unreliable and basically a waste of cash.
I realize I'm jumping in the deep end, but I'm good with it. Mainly looking for a reliable unit that will last and allow for future RDA swaps.
Why not try a few, or more than a few as the hobby progresses...

Fair enough. Do you want loads of clouds or more flavour? Do you want something with a tank, or something you have to drip? Do you want the option of store bought coils? So on and so forth. What about batteries, built in or external? Do you want a small or large mod?

Assuming that one of the external rectangular battery packs can be used with a tank or drip, starting with a drip RDA in a unit I'll make the coils on sounds good. One of the battery pa KS I've seen was labeled M80 Plus.
From what I've read and seen, the drip method affords better taste and allows large clouds so this sounds great.

Unsure on how to answer the small or large mod question... I can see this having to do with size or how custom/complex the build is.

Assuming that one of the external rectangular battery packs can be used with a tank or drip, starting with a drip RDA in a unit I'll make the coils on sounds good. One of the battery pa KS I've seen was labeled M80 Plus.
From what I've read and seen, the drip method affords better taste and allows large clouds so this sounds great.

Unsure on how to answer the small or large mod question... I can see this having to do with size or how custom/complex the build is.

I wasn't talking about Li-Po batteries but yes most mods can run a dripper or a tank.
RDA's do give good flavour and clouds, but RTA's are quite good as well plus more convenient.
Small or large mod is more of a question regarding portability.

What is your budget for all this by the way?

rx200s, lush rda, good 18650 batteries, koh gen do cotton, 24g stainless wire, 24g kanthal, and a luc charger would be a fine start. oh, and an ohm meter comes in handy

Currently I don't have a preference on physical size.
Budget in the $100 range. I'm fine spending less or more if the extra cash is justified.
With so many things, buying the best usually commands top dollar but similar performance may be available for less.
This is where I was hoping to pull from collective experience here...

I'd go for a Minikin V2 (or whichever is the newest version), Samsung 25r batts or a brand of similar quality, LUC V4 charger, battery case so you can have two pairs, Cotton Bacon V2, and then some kanthal or SS wire. RDA wise I can recommend the velocity clones, and RTA I recommend the Serpent Mini RTA.

Hope this helps, but it is very much personal preference.

Two good laundry lists of parts to review, thank you both for your input.

Are there favorable US based shops that can be suggested? Happy to use those that have treated members here well in the past.

I buy most of my stuff online. I don't have any objections to shops making a profit, but most shops I know are making items up 100 percent or more.u

After browsing multiple sites and seeing large differences in prices for the same items I assumed markup was high.
I still feel I did well and have the following coming in:

RX200s Mod
Samsung 25r5 batteries & charger
Lush RDA
Magma Reborn RDA
Dog3 RDA
Ohm meter
24ga Kanthal, cotton, a few drip tips and some varied juices...

Would be great to see it all land before the weekend but I'm not counting on it.

Sweet, make sure you "marry" the batteries. So all three charge, discharge together and don't get put in anything else.
Also do not charge using the mod itself, as it doesn't have working balance charging.

If you have any questions regarding building or safety post in here.

also, be aware that if you aren't used to vaping, your vapor may at first make you cough. my suggestion is that when you are first starting, pull vapor into your mouth for a few seconds, then from there pull a LITTLE of the vapor into your lungs if you are wanting to lung hit. you will get used to it that way, and it won't make you cough anymore after your lungs adjust to the difference between vapor and smoke.

All great suggestions, most of which I hadn't thought of... Thanks.
Will wait patiently and get a photo up once all the bits arrive. 😀

I think I'll get lucky and have all parts come in. Just waiting on RDA's and have everything else in hand.<br>Will be nice to have time on the weekend to sit down with everything. :thumbup1:

How is initial V\A figured? Do the mods detect coil resistance and perform some quick math for an initial setting?

the mod does check ohm reading upon installing a new rda. the best advice is start with low wattage, try vaping it. if it tastes good to you, leave a it there, if not, turn it up a little and try again. work for what tastes good and is comfortable for you to vape

if you have an android phone, download an app called vape tool. go into coil calculator, fill out the fields, and it will tell you at the bottom what the sweet spot in wattage is. that's a good number to start with then tweak from there

Top Bottom