What's new

Advice on face wash

Looking to see if anyone has found a face wash that may fit the bill. What I am guessing is the useful info:

- Oily skin
- Sensitive skin, prone to a breakout here or there even in middle age
- Maintain bears year-round

Historically, I have used some stuff from Brickell and Jack Black, but interested in something new.
While we're here, though less important at the moment, perhaps a face scrub to use a couple times a week.

Thanks in advance!

lasta

Blade Biter
Not an expert, but I have oily skin too. Used to swear by Shiseido/Perfect Whip, used it for years, always good.

recently, the LOTH hooked me up with these:
20230202_205147.jpg
Still not sure about the Red one, but the Clinique does seem to keep me matte for an extra hour.

Short of baby powder, I haven't found anything that will keep the shiny shiny away all day...

You have plenty Nivea products that are great
images.jpeg

images (3).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

My favourite Nivea Deep
images (2).jpeg

If you live in Europe DM has Balea face wash taht is also good
download (1).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

download.jpeg

Also don't forget to use some facial cream after. My recommendation
images (4).jpeg

Not an expert, but I have oily skin too. Used to swear by Shiseido/Perfect Whip, used it for years, always good.

recently, the LOTH hooked me up with these:
View attachment 1598802
Still not sure about the Red one, but the Clinique does seem to keep me matte for an extra hour.

Short of baby powder, I haven't found anything that will keep the shiny shiny away all day...

A man that understands! Yes, I currently use the Brickell Charcoal face wash in the shower daily and my face is oily even after drying.

lasta

Blade Biter
A man that understands! Yes, I currently use the Brickell Charcoal face wash in the shower daily and my face is oily even after drying.
Charcoal cleans oil, but oil comes back faster! Stay away.

Don't ask me how I know, can't explain it!

All these wace wash products are only ½ of the procedure
They remove oil, and skin trys to compensate by producing more oil.
You need to use moisturezing cream after you wash the face, you can do the simple test, after wasinh use cream on only half of the face, that half should be less oily after.
It works for me

All these wace wash products are only ½ of the procedure
They remove oil, and skin trys to compensate by producing more oil.
You need to use moisturezing cream after you wash the face, you can do the simple test, after wasinh use cream on only half of the face, that half should be less oily after.
It works for me
YMMV of course, but for me this is the ironic advice that worked wonders for me, I wish I knew this as a teenager!

For me being gentle rather than using harsh cleansers has been key, exfoliating (chemically with salicylic acid cleanser and not physically) a couple of times a week, washing my phase only once daily at night with a cleanser, and always following up with a good quality, oil free, non clogging moisturiser afterwards (Cerave lotion or AM in my case).

You can also pick up some salicylic acid oil papers to keep on you for a midday de oil if you find you need to.

I think the best idea is managing your skins oil production rather than trying to clean it off all the time, which can take a few weeks to adjust to.

Don’t sleep on the Bulldog for men line up. They offer original, sensitive, oily skin and an age defense line.
You’ll fine moisturizer, face wash, face scrub, eye rollers, etc. I use and love their products.

They’re also certified as cruelty free, do not use any preservatives (that I know of) and their prices are very reasonable.

I'd say, for a few weeks or so, use a gentle cleanser, like Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser or Neutrogena Ultra Gentle, and apply some "plain" moisturizer or lotion afterward. If that doesn't work for you, or you still have concerns, then look into more advanced or additional products.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Stirling’s Pink Clay facial soap bars have clay in them and a single bar of soap lasts an insane amount of time - a couple years maybe - with daily use. The clay addresses the skin’s oil, but leaves the face glowing. Worth a few bucks, right?!

Maybe try a legit Pre De Marseille soap. In researching the one I use, Marius Fabre, the website states it helps to control sebum.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been using a pre shave products since I started traditional wet shaving 5 years ago. I use Aloe vera gel as a conditioner in my hair and gives instant results for over 25 years and naturally I use a dollop after I Brush wash my face first CeraVe hand bar cleanser every day, great mild soap for cleaning skin and easy on the eyes.(Used CeraVe for over 2 1/2 yrs now.) So after reading lots of posts and articular's on prep, Gillette and others say clean your skin of dirt and oil (CeraVe cleans and has special moisturizers), hydrate you skin and whiskers to make shaving easier for the blade to slice through the beard whiskers(CeraVe and Aloe Vera Gel does all of that) . Another thing about these two pre-shaves are they do help moisturize and they do not gum up my shave gear(razors & brushes). So main objective of Preshave is to clean and hydrate & Shave soap main function is to moisten skin & whiskers and create the slickness barrier for the blade to glide. Brush washing my whole face is very enjoyable( just started that 8 months ago) and have a dedicated synthetic brush for my CeraVe soap(I still have a 1/3 bar left after 8 months). Most of us will wash our face with bar soap so using a brush with so little soap needed because a brush will make a lot of lather quickly as we all know by now and clean gently much better IMO.( you might lose a few minutes brush washing depending on how much your enjoying it?)
These are the products I enjoy using! Not expensive either!...........................CeraVe information below if curious.
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

CeraVe 3 (2).jpg

CeraVe 1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom