What's new

Advice on buying new Silvertip brush for my use case

Hello friends! Been perusing the forums to help narrow down my choice of a new silvertip brush.

Here are my preferences:
  • Soft bristles (not a fan of the prickly's)
  • Creates and releases lather easily
  • I usually bowl lather with a hard soap (haslinger), but would be happy to have a brush that can face lather as well
  • Don't want something too big that flops around
Currently have an Omega 636 and it doesn't release lather too well (holds a lot of it).

Some of the contenders for my use case are:
  • Shavemac Silvertip 3-band w/ 23mm knot and 50mm loft
  • Shavemac Silvertip D01 3-band (although not 100% sure as it might hold lather and not release as well due to being denser) w/ 23mm knot and 50mm loft

Thank you in advance for your help!

Good choices. Truly.

BTW, Muhle makes a great synthetic badger, the STF. Connaught has the 23mm in stock. Creates, releases lather ever so well! About $45-$50.

Good choices. Truly.

BTW, Muhle makes a great synthetic badger, the STF. Connaught has the 23mm in stock. Creates, releases lather ever so well! About $45-$50.

Great choices too and I'll throw another brand into the mix.

Special Yaqi discount code.

My fav brush so far is the short metal handle Silvertip. At just 24/52mm and medium/high density, it feels great.
IMG_20190617_210852.jpg
It's the one on the right. The other is another Yaqi Silvertip but with a resin handle called the mysterious space.

Some recent reviews.
A Few More Yaqi Badger Brushes For Me To Enjoy :)
Yaqi Heavy Metal brush range & Razor/Brush stand reviewed...

The review of their most luxurious Silvertip the Aqua High Mountain.
Yaqi 24mm Aqua Badger Brush First Use Review

Happy shaves and yes, I'm really loving their brushes so much I got 12 more for myself and gave another 4 to friends.

Mawashi

You can't go wrong with Shavemac, great stuff. Yaqi is wonderful for the price. The softest silvertip I own is a Delong, but I don't see them mentioned much. Probably the overall best silvertip I have is a Shavemac 2 band silvertip.

Here are my preferences:
  • I usually bowl lather with a hard soap (haslinger), but would be happy to have a brush that can face lather as well

I can't recommend Simpson Polo 8 highly enough. Checks all your boxes. The Captain 2 has slightly better flow through, but it's less soft for face lathering.

Hello friends! Been perusing the forums to help narrow down my choice of a new silvertip brush.

Here are my preferences:
Currently have an Omega 636 and it doesn't release lather too well (holds a lot of it).

• Shavemac Silvertip D01 3-band (although not 100% sure as it might hold lather and not release as well due to being denser) w/ 23mm knot and 50mm loft

Hi.
Dragging up an old thread, but just wanted to know what you ended up going with.
I'm currently browsing around for a Silvertip myself. Or something with more 'flex'/'give' throughout the loft, as I prefer a good painter, but want one in badger form.

I know them well. One of my favorite brushes is a 2-band fan from Spiffo. Soft throughout the loft, unlike the majority of 2-bands I've tried.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Here are my preferences:

Do not forget Shavemac's two-band silvertips!! Great hair!

Top Bottom