What's new

Advice on beard trimmer

Hi All,

I need a beard trimmer to keep my beard tidy between hair cuts when the barber does it. I’ve never trimmed my beard so no idea what I need, however I keep the edges smart with my straight razor.

My beard is currently a number 3 at the sides and number 5 at the front but that may well increase into the winter. Any advice, I want something decent which hopefully won’t break to quickly?!

Thanks!

Been using the wahl "detailer" that the barbers use. I got it for $50 and it's been going strong for the last 6yrs.

I do recommend watching beard trimming videos on youtube, they are very helpful.

Did you make a purchase? Santa got me a corded Wahl peanut for Christmas. Comes with a number of clipper setting attachments. Powerful and smooth.

Yes I did, the 4 in 1 multigroomer. Not used it loads, but it has more options than I’ll ever need. Not convinced by the numbering of the clippers though, they don’t seem to match up with the barber.

Yes I did, the 4 in 1 multigroomer. Not used it loads, but it has more options than I’ll ever need. Not convinced by the numbering of the clippers though, they don’t seem to match up with the barber.
Unless you buy the professional grade clippers I doubt the ones sold at regular stores will match up. Even if they are the same brand. Not sure why.

At least that has been in my experience, that's why I just bought the pro ones

I have used a wahl for over 10 years cordless at that but it is ok it’s last legs and will get replaced very soon. Likely with an updated version!

Top Bottom