What's new

Advice needed

Turned my brother on to this thing of ours a while back.....started him out with a HD and proraso(he is not a fan of using a brush) and he has really enjoyed it. He told me the other day that he wants to try a different razor but something that will make his S to N pass a little less irritating. I am thinking a progress or a gillette adj. but would like some other opinions before I give mine.

Adjustables are a though and can be picked up fairly economicaly through ebay. If it doesn't work out they can get snapped up fairly quickly when put ont he trading board.

Sean:

The Progress or Gillette "Fat Boy" would fit the need here. I have both and have had the HD in the past. Both adjustables can be dialed down to provide a much easier S/N pass than the HD with standard head. I'd be hard pressed to choose between the two as I like both. Can't go wrong with either in my estimation. The only difference is you know exactly what you're getting when you buy a new Progress vs a 30 year old razor.

I have 5 30+year old Gillette adjustables and would not trade them for any new or modern razor. But then again that's just me.

Rafael

thats what I thought.....I guess it will be up to him wether he wants new or old equipment.......thanks for the replies!!!

gage0921 said:
thats what I thought.....I guess it will be up to him wether he wants new or old equipment.......thanks for the replies!!!
Hey Sean,
You may be able to find a gently used Progress and then you will find some Old New equipment!!:biggrin1:

I use the Gillette Tech and it can go in any direction with no razor burn. I've been told that you can dial an adjustable to feel like the Tech though. Regardless, I think the Tech is a great razor.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Merkur 23C long handle in a very gentle razor, if you want something that's brand new.

Just purchased the gillette adj. that charlie had for sale and we will see how that works for him.....all of the advice is appreciated. Im considering switching back to DE's and might purchase some of the razors you guys are reccomending.

Top Bottom