What's new

Advice needed: Need a fitting travel container for Wee Scot?

Late to the discussion, but just in case someone stumbles upon this thread later I'll throw in my solution:

If you have a Wee Scot, and you also have (or know someone who has) seasonal allergies, you've got about the most tailored travel container you can find.

weeTravelContainer.jpg

I don't travel much or, with having bought 25 brushes over the past 10 years, I'd have another AD to embrace trying to match each brush to a case. I have 2 travel containers for vacations, a small Simpson and a Muhle tube for brushes either too high or with handles too thick to fit the Simpson.

There's always the cheap option of a toilet paper roll, which can be folded over to fit the brush and easily replaced.

Home depot sells a container i saw mentioned tonight on a forum for like screws or something its see thru and has a vented screw on cap. It looked sweet and was less than 3 bucks

I travel on average 40 weeks a year, and I have ruined a Simpsons brush due to excessive moisture during travel.

My take is: use the original box. It’s carton so it will breath even inside your bag. Better than plastic

Santa was kind enough to let me have a stocking stuffer early so I went in search of a case.

First try was an aluminum match holder. Tried a couple off Amazon but none had an inside diameter large enough to fit the tiny brush. Doing a search for "aluminum container" led me to the following item:

screenshot_250.jpg

They sure seem to emphasize the container's ability to stop the release of any odors. I know that some people might not like the smell of sage or thyme but why go through such efforts to hide the smell of your herb? :biggrin1:

With the brush and container stock the bristles stood ~6mm proud of the container and with the lid on would be slightly compressed. I just sanded 7mm off the base of the handle so problem solved (don't miss that little bit of length when holding the brush).

19-12-11a wee scot case (1).JPG

Since waterproof is exactly what I don't want I went to aerating the container. The plan is to hold the brush bristle side down so wanted more holes on the bottom of the container and one bigger hole on the lid. I could blame the holes not being accurately placed on the mulled wine previously enjoyed that evening but reality is just me rushing through things.

19-12-11a wee scot case (3).JPG

19-12-11a wee scot case (4).JPG

19-12-11a wee scot case (6).JPG

19-12-11a wee scot case (7).JPG

Width wise certainly roomy enough, a bit too roomy for my tastes. Length wise even after sanding the handle I would have preferred the container to have been a bit deeper. Not perfect but definitely protects the brush. I'm still going to keep looking for a metal match container that matches the diameter of the brush.

Top Bottom