What's new

Advice needed: looking for a birthyear razor - 2018!

Hi gents!
Happy New Year.

Kindly requesting your support. I am looking for a nice DE-razor which either has been manufactured in 2018 or has been put on sale/introduced in 2018 for the very first time.

For example a date coded Rex Ambassodor (N-series) comes to mind.
Any other suggestion is very appreciated... no restriction on budget (for the purpose of this thread :thumbup1:).

Thx.

I am not sure if oneblade genesis is date coded (it is numbered) otoh never mind to big of a chance the feather fhs blades are no longer there when the kid is of shaving age. Your biggest challenge is going to find a 2018 coded razor in 2021!

Karve was launched that year. But I’d opt for a Gillette Bulldog from 1918.

Thanks for your input - a 1918 Gillette is a superb idea.
Unfortunately such a gem almost never shows up in the wild (I am based in Germany), most BST-sales are limited to CONUS only (which is an issue I can comprehend).
But the idea is truly nice... hmm...

Karve might be a bit easier for me to buy, they show up now and then in the local auction sites... I´ll keep looking.

I am not sure if oneblade genesis is date coded (it is numbered) otoh never mind to big of a chance the feather fhs blades are no longer there when the kid is of shaving age.

Due to this particular reason I decided to focus on "standard" DEs only, but thank you for your input.

@all: Any more suggestions from your end?

It seems the Gillette khaki is also 1918 there were many made and there are plenty on the eBay

But getting a serial of a used one might be difficult

Alternative just engrave or laser a 2018 version.

Last edited:
It seems the Gillette khaki is also 1918 there were many made and there are plenty on the eBay

But getting a serial of a used one might be difficult

Alternative just engrave or laser a 2018 version.

Thanks for the heads-up!

A recent thread comparing a 2017 with a newer razor shows that the Rex ambassador is still using date codes. in that case you most likely need a N 1-4 model.

Top Bottom