What's new

Advice from a Noob - Five Hints

Thank you so much for this

You are most welcome! On the back of my entire 25 wet shaves :001_smile here is what I will add, now that I am having reasonably close and comfortable shaves most days (I'm not talking high-class, acronym-deserving shaves, just ones that are close enough for me and don't hurt me later in the day):

- Pay attention to the guys recommending to "map your face." The direction your whiskers grow makes such a big difference on how things go.
- The blade is flat but faces and necks are not. Take a razor without a blade in it and practice to figure out an approach to any sharp angles or concavities you may have.
- Keep focusing on the angle you hold the razor at. The range where it will cut is limited, but still feels very different. If it skips or chatters across your face, you may be steep (handle more parallel to face). But some people like steep angle shaving. Pay attention to whether the angle was steep or shallow (relatively) when you do something that does or not not work out. I'm a long way still from my hand just doing the right thing without me thinking about it.

Good luck and keep reading. This place is full of expertise and generosity.

You are most welcome! On the back of my entire 25 wet shaves :001_smile here is what I will add, now that I am having reasonably close and comfortable shaves most days (I'm not talking high-class, acronym-deserving shaves, just ones that are close enough for me and don't hurt me later in the day):

- Pay attention to the guys recommending to "map your face." The direction your whiskers grow makes such a big difference on how things go.
- The blade is flat but faces and necks are not. Take a razor without a blade in it and practice to figure out an approach to any sharp angles or concavities you may have.
- Keep focusing on the angle you hold the razor at. The range where it will cut is limited, but still feels very different. If it skips or chatters across your face, you may be steep (handle more parallel to face). But some people like steep angle shaving. Pay attention to whether the angle was steep or shallow (relatively) when you do something that does or not not work out. I'm a long way still from my hand just doing the right thing without me thinking about it.

Good luck and keep reading. This place is full of expertise and generosity.

Excellent advice.

Top Bottom