What's new

Advice for online purchase

Barbershop - WK Man from Mayfair
Fougere - WK La Fougere Parfaite (smells alot like Brut, pretty much utterly awesome. Disclaimer, I adore Brut), Fougere Bouquet
Citrus - Declaration Grooming Trismegistus, Bon Vivant, WK Fern Concerto, Stirling Piacenza

Declaration Grooming After the Rain is another great scent I think would be agreeable to most anybody. Stirling Executive Man, Sandpiper or Piacenza would fall in here too

Thanks for all the great suggestions. With all the choices, it’s tough to narrow down to just two!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great suggestions. With all the choices, it’s tough to narrow down to just two!

If you like a nice citrusy lime and lavender WhollyKaw Lavender Sublime in Donkey Milk was just released. Made with essential oils only. Wonderful, balanced scent. . Not overwhelming. Amazing performance as is true with all WhollyKaw Donkey Milk soaps...

Both are top tier soaps IMO. However, I give the edge to CRSW in the slickness dept.

Slickness is just one criteria of a soap...as important are cushioning, protective and post-shave feel. Overall...I think WK DM is the better overall product based on theses multiple criteria. The one exception might be if you use an old school, traditional straight edge razor..if so...slickness alone is probably the most important criteria...by far...

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Slickness is just one criteria of a soap...as important are cushioning, protective and post-shave feel. Overall...I think WK DM is the better overall product based on theses multiple criteria. The one exception might be if you use an old school, traditional straight edge razor..if so...slickness alone is probably the most important criteria...by far...

Agreed, maybe I should elaborate. I've been using both kinda in a 'side by side comparison' for the last few weeks. In my opinion, WK DM and CRSW Select are pretty evenly matched in all respects, but the edge goes to CRSW in the slickness dept. Both offer nice close comfortable shaves with good post shave feel, but again, slight nod to CRSW in post shave dept. too (without using any post shave products, btw).

FWIW, I also bought both their balms when I got the soaps and I prefer the CRSW but a pretty fair margin.

Also, I have never used a straight, only a DE or on occasion a cart (mach 3).

As always, YMMV

If you like a nice citrusy lime and lavender WhollyKaw Lavender Sublime in Donkey Milk was just released. Made with essential oils only. Wonderful, balanced scent. . Not overwhelming. Amazing performance as is true with all WhollyKaw Donkey Milk soaps...

Sounds lovely! I will probably go with Man from Mayfair for the moment and once I am hooked, onto the Lavender!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds lovely! I will probably go with Man from Mayfair for the moment and once I am hooked, onto the Lavender!

I have both. They are great. MFM has a heavier, more cologne-like barbershop scent. A colder, cool weather scent imo. LSL is a much lighter scent....They perform nearly identically...

Top Bottom