What's new

Advice for online purchase

Hi there...I will be visiting the US shortly and always like to pick up a couple of the most well-received new artisanal soaps that I simply cannot get back home. This time, I am thinking Wholly Kaw and Declaration Grooming since they both get favorable reviews and can be ordered from one online vendor which is an important issue for me. But, which scents to get? I want nothing too unusual - nice Barbershop or Fougere or Citrus-base is good for me. Looking forward to the suggestions for just two soaps!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
DG Bandwagon and WK Man From Mayfair are barbershop scents. I have both and they are truly wonderful in scent and incredible in performance.

I would also choose your vendor. I say that because several, including Maggards' and Groomatorium sell a wide array of samples as well. There may be one that you like better (from a selection standpoint) and you could pick up a greater set of artisan soaps.

DG Trismegistus is a citrus-cologne type of scent that I like and that others love. I like After the Rain as well, but that may or may not be up your alley. I think it would be hard to go wrong with one of the collaboration soaps that DG did with Chatillon Lux if any of those scents look appealing to you.

I'd also think about Barrister & Mann's new Reserve line as it's widely available as well.

I received cold water soap works morning ghost yesterday and my shave was amazing. I also like man from Mayfair amazing scent.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I would also choose your vendor. I say that because several, including Maggards' and Groomatorium sell a wide array of samples as well. There may be one that you like better (from a selection standpoint) and you could pick up a greater set of artisan soaps.

DG Trismegistus is a citrus-cologne type of scent that I like and that others love. I like After the Rain as well, but that may or may not be up your alley. I think it would be hard to go wrong with one of the collaboration soaps that DG did with Chatillon Lux if any of those scents look appealing to you.

I'd also think about Barrister & Mann's new Reserve line as it's widely available as well.
DG Trismegistus smells just like DR Harris Windsor to me. Very classic and classy scent.

Hi there...I will be visiting the US shortly and always like to pick up a couple of the most well-received new artisanal soaps that I simply cannot get back home. This time, I am thinking Wholly Kaw and Declaration Grooming since they both get favorable reviews and can be ordered from one online vendor which is an important issue for me. But, which scents to get? I want nothing too unusual - nice Barbershop or Fougere or Citrus-base is good for me. Looking forward to the suggestions for just two soaps!

Where are you visiting? Some cities have good stores where you can buy them...and get to smell them first...

Three I recommend: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite, Barrister’s Reserve “Fern” and Cold River Soap Works Glide - Morning Ghost.

Barbershop - WK Man from Mayfair
Fougere - WK La Fougere Parfaite (smells alot like Brut, pretty much utterly awesome. Disclaimer, I adore Brut), Fougere Bouquet
Citrus - Declaration Grooming Trismegistus, Bon Vivant, WK Fern Concerto, Stirling Piacenza

Declaration Grooming After the Rain is another great scent I think would be agreeable to most anybody. Stirling Executive Man, Sandpiper or Piacenza would fall in here too

You might consider some of the Fine and Stirling options (excellent products IMO)!
I'm with you BigJ Stirling offers a hard to beat soap and has a great lineup in the scent department.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just ordered Stirling orange chill and lemon chill set and FB from Wholly kaw, getting ready for summer. It is snowing outside right now lol but getting ready for summer, aka new soap syndrome!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stirling does have some interesting scents. But...it’s performance is definitely below that of WhollyKaw, Grooming Department and Declaration Grooming...So, personally...I’d skip it..And just pick up the real “stars.”

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Good suggestions so far, I would recommend Cold River Soap Works as well. I've been using their Select shave soap for two weeks straight and I am very impressed. They make a 'Barbershop' scent but I havent tried that one. Their moisturizing aftershave is pretty incredible too.

Where are you visiting? Some cities have good stores where you can buy them...and get to smell them first...

Unfortunately, I have seen little opportunity in South Florida for a bricks and mortar vendor -unless you know of a good source? Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good suggestions so far, I would recommend Cold River Soap Works as well. I've been using their Select shave soap for two weeks straight and I am very impressed. They make a 'Barbershop' scent but I havent tried that one. Their moisturizing aftershave is pretty incredible too.

Thanks for the suggestion. How does CRSW stack up against Wholly Kaw?

Stirling does have some interesting scents. But...it’s performance is definitely below that of WhollyKaw, Grooming Department and Declaration Grooming...So, personally...I’d skip it..And just pick up the real “stars.”

Thanks for the suggestions. I have bought Stirling before but have found B&M better all round. Would really like Grooming Department by they seem sold out of everything!

Top Bottom