What's new

Advice for first upgrade from 34C

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
So if I had 10 years of happy shaving with a 34c under my belt I don't know that I'd be chasing a slant. I'd go for a Timeless .68 stainless and let be the one til the day I die.

tl;dr:
Advice for an upgrade from 34c / 38c.

Long form:
So it's been 10 years since I last posted on this forum. I bought a 38c for myself and later a 34c after mine was stolen by my wife. I've been using a Muhle synthetic brush and a few diff creams for the last ten years. So far - no gas. But the 34c is starting to show its age a little, not staying screwed in tight. I reckon I've gotten my value from it so I've been looking at what my upgrade should be.

I now have a beard, but i shave the edges, neck and my head so it needs to be able to shave my head as well as cheeks and neck. I usually use Astras or feathers in the 34c as a benchmark on aggressiveness.

I was leaning towards the Blackland Blackbird just due to the quality/look plus it seems a little more aggressive which should be interesting. But I'm open to suggestions on options to look at. Thanks for comments in advance.

My first jump from the 34c was a 48-50 Super Speed. Not aggressive, but delivers a superb shave.

Top Bottom