What's new

Adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I paid to have the Ads removed. I’ve been considering becoming a bronze contributor for a while now, so it was only a matter of time. I just wish it didn’t leave a taste of blackmail in my mouth.
It may have that flavor, but I can assure you in the most earnest way that I possibly can that it wasn't intentional.
Anyway, thank you for being a Contributor.

I paid to have the Ads removed. I’ve been considering becoming a bronze contributor for a while now, so it was only a matter of time. I just wish it didn’t leave a taste of blackmail in my mouth.
It may have that flavor, but I can assure you in the most earnest way that I possibly can that it wasn't intentional.
Anyway, thank you for being a Contributor.
+1 On Phil's message, 100%. The ad change is a bit painful, but it was necessary. For a hobbyist website, static AdSense gives a nice little revenue stream. For a large site that requires resources and paid experts, AdSense doesn't pay the bills.

Additionally, a big thank you for contributing, it's not hyperbole to say you're helping to keep the lights on, as well as continue to invest in newer fun features.

Like the ham-fisted ad rollout, that’s also my bad. We need to better advertise the contributor program, but just like the ads, it’s a fine line between not enough, and WOAH. It has been add to the to-do. 👍

Just wondering if the direction can access the aggressive advertising that the non-contributing member is confronted with at this stage. I would think that it might discourage newcomers from joining. I'm not against a limited amount of advertisement, but what I am confronted with currently needs to be toned down in my opinion.

This is really going overboard when you click a thread and the popup covers the entire screen. Any idea when this will be resolved?
F39DB987-1C46-4075-9974-AC115AF7EA45.jpeg

It's really too much. There's still a window to see useful content behind the ads on my laptop. But on my notebook the embrasure is just too thin (Chrome on both). Plus, there's an ad between each couple of posts. So it is possible to scroll to a position where there's only site name visible and the rest is covered with ads: foreground and background. Yummy! :)

It's really too much. There's still a window to see useful content behind the ads on my laptop. But on my notebook the embrasure is just too thin (Chrome on both). Plus, there's an ad between each couple of posts. So it is possible to scroll to a position where there's only site name visible and the rest is covered with ads: foreground and background. Yummy! :)
This is the worst update yet but I am hoping they will correct it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom