What's new

adult acne

I received an email from WebMD today with an interesting article on adult acne flare-ups. One of their recommendations was to use a new razor every day. I'm assuming that if one used carts, this might cause a rather expensive problem. But even so using single blades, depending on the blade, it could be rathe dear.
here's what they said,
"Use your hands or a baby washcloth that is gentle on your skin. Make sure to use a clean washcloth every time you wash your face.
Be careful when shaving. Use a clean razor every time. You might want to use an over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide wash before and after you shave. Your doctor can prescribe an antibiotic foam that you can mix with your shaving cream to help prevent breakouts.
If shaving bumps are a problem for you, try using an electric razor, and don’t shave too closely."

I'd like to give you the complete link, but I am unable to copy it from my IPad. I guess a solution would be to clean your razor, be it DE, SI, or Injector head in rubbing alcohol after every use.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't know if adult acne and adolescent acne have the same cause, but my very teenaged son has had great success just from splashing witch hazel on his face. Alum does about the same thing.

for the average blade, though, you're talking a buck, buck-fifty per week if you were to bin the blade every day.

I'd just pity the cart user though. And if one uses an injector, that could start to get pricey pretty quick given the price of injector blades. I have an injector that's part of my rotation and one of my favorites; since I prefer the Chinese Schick blades that about $7 a week.

Last edited:
You know, it says to use a clean razor each time, that doesn't necessarily mean a new one. Do you think they are saying to rise for every pass?

Top Bottom