What's new

ADP Fico di Amalfi alternative.

Yeah, at that price I would be reticent to use it after I bought it! But if you break that price down for 6 months and not buy ANY other fragrance products, stay super loyal to the brand, it becomes semi-affordable. But I've never paid that much for a fragrance. I've got a buddy who loves Green Irish Tweed. Same problem. He found a bottle that was 95% full on ebay and bought it for $120. Then he bought a good clone of GIT and wears it 70% of the time and the genuine 30%. You can make it work if you really want to. It's tough falling in love with an overpriced or discontinued fragrance.

0111208E-2274-482B-ABDF-5B4DF1366C67.jpeg

Diptyque Philosykos is a bit above the OP's target price, but I like it a lot more than Fico di Amalfi. The biggest problem with Fico di Amalfi on me is that it pretty much fades completely away after four hours. You should sample both the edt and edp of Philosykos.

Where could I get samples from
I have had good luck getting samples/decants from eBay. There's also --> Luckyscent and --> Decantshop. The one thing about Luckyscent is their samples have a little wand for application which I think isn't as good as a sprayer. I like to get 3ml - 5ml samples to make sure I get enough for multiple full wears. Luckyscent samples are .7ml so you may want to buy a couple of samples.

Is RR XX aftershave still available? It was one of my favorite.
Nope, sorry. Same for RR X. Only RR XXX is available.
Diptyque Philosykos is a bit above the OP's target price, but I like it a lot more than Fico di Amalfi.
This maybe the best recommendation for you. Diptyque Philosykos is a class on its own and the brand is one of the top French makers since 1968. One of my all time favorites. There is an excellent description of the scent and video in luckyscent.com for both, EdT and EdP versions.

Top Bottom