What's new

ADP Colonia clone

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've been intrigued with Aqua di Parma Colonia for ages but I've never encountered it. I'd like to try a less expensive knock off to see if I like it, and then perhaps I'd buy the genuine article. I see people say that Razorock XXX after shave is a decent fake. Is it? Are there others that might be closer? Any fake EDTs? Thanks in advance.

I've been intrigued with Aqua di Parma Colonia for ages but I've never encountered it. I'd like to try a less expensive knock off to see if I like it, and then perhaps I'd buy the genuine article. I see people say that Razorock XXX after shave is a decent fake. Is it? Are there others that might be closer? Any fake EDTs? Thanks in advance.
you can also buy a sample (which is what I did) to see if you like it.

I bought a little trial bottle from Decant Boutique for under $10 if I am not mistaken. Enough for dozens of applications. I then bought a full bottle off of Ebay for approximately $65, which was a great deal. It is my go to summer scent. Really subtle and not overpowering in any way.

AdP Colonia can be picked up for ~$50 if you look around a bit. I have nothing against clones, but at this price point only the real thing can scratch that AdP itch.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Acqua di Parma Colonia has always been my Signature fragrance and the Italian Signature fragrance par excellence since 1916, when it was first introduced to the public. This magnificent scent is today, after over a century, still the original fragrance as when it was launched on the market.

Several attempts to copy it have been tried but, in my opinon, no clone comes close.

My suggestion for you is to try a sample of the original and, if you like it, buy the original only.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Acqua di Parma Colonia has always been my Signature fragrance and the Italian Signature fragrance par excellence since 1916, when it was first introduced to the public. This magnificent scent is today, after over a century, still the original fragrance as when it was launched on the market.

Several attempts to copy it have been tried but, in my opinon, no clone comes close.

My suggestion for you is to try a sample of the original and, if you like it, buy the original only.
Thank you. It is in part due to your exuberant praise of Acqua di Parma that I became intrigued with it.

Thanks to all who replied to this query. A sample seems to be the way to go.

I have had both before but not at the same time. I have just ordered both to compare.
They smell very similar, 95% similar.
The difference is probably Rose.

20200715_135851.jpg

They smell very similar, 95% similar.
The difference is probably Rose.

View attachment 1125878

James Bronnley Original
Top Notes Bergamot, Italian lemon, Neroli
Heart Notes Herbs, Moss
Base notes Wild Mint, Amber, Cedar, Vetiver

Acqua di Parma
Top Notes Sicilian Citrus fruit
Heart Notes Lavender, Rosemary, Verbena, Damask Rose
Base notes Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchoull

Here are a couple more that are very close to AdP (but personally, I'd say save for the original):

Fine Accoutrements "Italian Citrus"

Stirling "Piacenza"

If you need an edt, just get the real deal from fragrancenet for around $50.

if you try a knockoff aftershave, get Razorock xxx.

I’m a big fan of this scent style. So, I also have sv asylum Colonia soap and aftershave. I started collecting other adp edts as well.
I really like:
Adp Colonia
Adp Colonia essenza
Adp blu fico di amalfi

I don’t like the Colonia assoluta. Too much jasmine.
. I was also disappointed by the mirto di pannarea after loving the sample. The bottle smelled closer to ck one after the sample smelled like actual Myrtle.

Top Bottom