What's new

ADP Colonia clone

There are a few knockoffs like Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus but none of them really do the genuine thing any justice. Maggard razors sells samples of the Acqua Di Parma shaving cream For $8.75 if you’re curious about the scent without breaking the bank.

hard for me to tell that from the reviews, whats the most notable difference to you?
It's very strong and tart. If I get lemons, it's very sour lemons. The reviews say that it has a strong Geranium scent. Geranium smells like Roses to me usually. I do have a Geranium EO. I will check it out. But I get a strong spice aroma, it's like inhaling the scent from a Cassia or Cinnamon EO.

20200720_211509.jpg

It's very strong and tart. If I get lemons, it's very sour lemons. The reviews say that it has a strong Geranium scent. Geranium smells like Roses to me usually. I do have a Geranium EO. I will check it out. But I get a strong spice aroma, it's like inhaling the scent from a Cassia or Cinnamon EO.

View attachment 1128202
I am not alone, Fragrantica reviews get Cloves and Cinnamon...

Stirling Piacenza smells great and is a decent clone, but I'll echo what others have said - the original can be had for not much on the discout sites, why not get the real thing?

Acqua di Parma Colonia has always been my Signature fragrance and the Italian Signature fragrance par excellence since 1916, when it was first introduced to the public. This magnificent scent is today, after over a century, still the original fragrance as when it was launched on the market.

Several attempts to copy it have been tried but, in my opinon, no clone comes close.

My suggestion for you is to try a sample of the original and, if you like it, buy the original only.
@Marco, I also have noticed you always praise the original ADP 😊

Looking at ADP website, I can see an entire range of ADP Colonias. I guess I'm curious as to what the differences are within the Colonia portfolio.

Are they very different scents or just slightly distinct from one another?

1599750154877.png

I find Stirling Piacenza to be pretty close

I worked through some clones. I specifically did not like Razorrock xxx.

To me, the closest soaps to the original scent are Oleo Shiloh and SV Colonia, in that order. Buy either and you’ll know if you want an edt.

If so, the buy the original AdP - it’s worth it. And you’ll have matching soap.

I worked through some clones. I specifically did not like Razorrock xxx.

To me, the closest soaps to the original scent are Oleo Shiloh and SV Colonia, in that order. Buy either and you’ll know if you want an edt.

If so, the buy the original AdP - it’s worth it. And you’ll have matching soap.
Thanks!

There are lot's of discounters.
There may be, I'm not disputing that. I was looking at their official EUROPEAN website and every single 100ml Colonia is priced exactly €116. My experience (however limited) is that when there are huge discount the re-seller is typically getting rid of their old stock and it is not uncommon to purchase a fragrance that's 10 years old, which is smth. I wouldn't want to do. YMMV.

Last edited:
There may be, I'm not disputing that. I was looking at their official EUROPEAN website and every single 100ml Colonia is priced exactly €116. My experience (however limited) is that when there are huge discount the re-seller is typically getting rid of their old stock and it is not uncommon to purchase a fragrance that's 10 years old., which is smth. I wouldn't want to do. YMMV.
Then there are sites offering a small discount as they have economies of scale and buy in bulk...

Top Bottom