What's new

adjusting watch band?

I just got my new Orient Mako diver, and I need to remove one or two of links from the band. It came with a link remover tool, but I've never done this before. Is there a particular order in which you are supposed to remove links so the band looks proportional? Or should I just have a professional do it?

Thanks.

Get one of these, they work great: http://watchbandhq.com/digishop4/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=274

proxy.php

Just remove the links in an even number from each side. So, if you need to remove two links, do one from each side. If you need to remove an odd number, you'll obviously have to remove one more from one of the sides, but it won't look out of kilter.

Get one of these, they work great: http://watchbandhq.com/digishop4/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=274

proxy.php

Just remove the links in an even number from each side. So, if you need to remove two links, do one from each side. If you need to remove an odd number, you'll obviously have to remove one more from one of the sides, but it won't look out of kilter.

Something like that came with the watch. Should I remove the links that connect to the clasp, or leave those and remove the next ones?

BTW, congrats on the Orient Mako. Orients are fantastic watches. :thumbup1:

Thanks!

The links sometimes have an arrowhead that indicates the direction that you must drive them out - otherwise they can jam. Also there are usually several holes in the buckle that allow you to fine tune the length of the band by moving the pin in roughly 1/8" jumps.

make sure you put the pins back in the same orientation as you took them out - otherwise they can work loose and the bracelet will fall apart.

You should have about the same number of links on either side of the clasp. The point is to keep the clasp centered on the underside of your wrist. People's wrists aren't perfectly symmetrical so you may need to fiddle with the number of links to get the clasp centered.

Here's a primer on bracelet adjustment for various types of bracelets.

Done. Thanks, guys.

Top Bottom