What's new

Adjustable Razors - When to use Aggressive or Mild Settings

Isn't try both and see what works the obvious answer? A lot more instructive than polling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
There is 3 options to try; apart from changing settings the 3rd option is stick to one setting for all passes. The first pass always removes the majority of stubble.
Try each of these options for a week each I would suggest.

I’d say find a happy medium with the blade you use most like I have a Merkur futura I leave mine set on a 3 sometimes 2.5 a 3 gives me a med aggression. And a 2.5 a milder I don’t think mucking around with setting will improve your shave is just leave it and see how you go

Mostly I tend to keep them on the same setting or lower them for atg (I know most do it opposite). But I prefer a mild shave anyhow.
for me the adjustable (futul, Parker, black beauty) was a way to tame a razor down and slowly increase when my skillset matched Starting with a mild blade helped a lot

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I find that I cannot shave on the higher settings. I find them far too harsh. I have found that 3 works best for me on my Fatboys, Slims and Futur. I have used the 4th setting a few times but the shaves were not enjoyable for me. I like the weight of the adjustables but once I have dialed in the setting, that is where it stays.

I find that I cannot shave on the higher settings. I find them far too harsh. I have found that 3 works best for me on my Fatboys, Slims and Futur. I have used the 4th setting a few times but the shaves were not enjoyable for me. I like the weight of the adjustables but once I have dialed in the setting, that is where it stays.
+1

Top Bottom