What's new

Adjustable Butterfly - Recommendations?

I believe the general consensus is that adjustables are not as smooth as the smoothest non adjustables. Also, the black beauty is considered by many as not as smooth as the Slim or FB. That said there are many who love them, if you want to try one I'm happy to PIF you a short handled super, send me a PM.

I believe the general consensus is that adjustables are not as smooth as the smoothest non adjustables. Also, the black beauty is considered by many as not as smooth as the Slim or FB. That said there are many who love them, if you want to try one I'm happy to PIF you a short handled super, send me a PM.
I can’t speak to TTO adjustables, but the Merkur Progress I had gave me very smooth shaves

Slim adjustable, could benefit from a full tune-up and re-plating by Matt at Razor Emporium. He did mine, looks great and performs well. If you are going to make it your daily go-to, this is worth it, IMHO.

One important factor that many people discount is the fact that not all razors perform their best with all blades. For example, your alltime favorite blade in a Gillette Super Speed may not work as closely & smoothly in a Slim, Super Adjustable or Black Beauty.
My Ball End Old Type shaves BBS smooth with the lowly Treet Black Beauty Carbon blade. That same blade is worthless in my Slims, Super Adjustables, Super Speeds. Rapira LUX only performs to my satuisfaction in the Suyper Adjustables & Black Beauties.

Top Bottom