What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL (starts April,1st)

20220330_085818-01.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I recently have neglected my adjustable razors quite a bit (and I have one in the mail coming which needs some extended testing 😉) so I thought why not do a group activity and get this thing started.

Let's see if there is some interest from your end. As a start I'd limit this event for the time period of April 1st until 15th of April (subject to prolongation wrt to the rest of April if there is interest).

Here are the "rules":

Basically, there are no "rules"...
All it takes is to give your adjustable razor(s) some spins. This thread is open for every type of traditional adjustable razor, vintage or modern, pricey or affordable - every adjustable razor is welcome. However, this thread shall not include razors with interchangable baseplates (say Karve CB or Rockwell 6C/S).

In case you are late to the party just join in, see rule #4 😉

The idea is to shave the whole two weeks with adjustable razors exclusively, but you don't have to shave daily. This means some will participate with a few shaves only, others will go all in for 15 shaves.
Whatever floats your boat.

Whenever you use your adjustable razor, please post your shave. It's doesn't have to have a SOTD pic (although, you know it, we REALLY like pictures), just tell us something about your shave and the razor if you like.

Have fun!

I'll open a list in the next post!
Just copy/paste the list and include your name... 😀

Looking forward to have you all in 😀

Last edited:
1) JAHE
2) Shaunasleep
3) ajkel64.
4)tehnothing This is great. I have only used my fatboy once.
5) macintosh_br

Today I've had my first nicks in years with my new Merkur Progress. Time to learn it more and also give more face time to my Fatboy, Slim and Rex. I'm in! @JAHE thanks for the idea!

I'll join for sure. I have 3 Gillettes and 1 Pearl in neglect and require urgent use...thanks a lot @JAHE !!!

1) JAHE
2) Shaunasleep
3) ajkel64.
4) tehnothing This is great. I have only used my fatboy once.
5) macintosh_br
6) ratso
7) Chard52142

Well, I saw the Vintage April 2022 first so I'm doing that. Not that I can't do both as I consider all the adjustable razors I have as vintage, all 1960 or earlier, but I was going to go really vintage and use some 100+/- yo razors for that challenge and obviously none of those are adjustable. Not that I can't change my plan in the next day and join both. :thumbup::thumbup:

Well, I saw the Vintage April 2022 first so I'm doing that. Not that I can't do both as I consider all the adjustable razors I have as vintage, all 1960 or earlier, but I was going to go really vintage and use some 100+/- yo razors for that challenge and obviously none of those are adjustable. Not that I can't change my plan in the next day and join both. :thumbup::thumbup:
I only have one model of adjustable (a slim and a delta echo replaced slim) so I’d be stuck with one razor if I went both (or just with this challenge). Not sure I want to but I guess I have a day to decide.

Join in and drop out as soon as the Wolf lands... but maybe you enjoy your participation here so much that you just admire the wolf a few days longer... anticipation is the best joy, they say! 😉

I've got a few vintage and modern adjustable razors so why not. I might join from Monday if its OK because I am really itching to use that FFFMM'22 Feather blade on its 32nd shave in a timeless 95 razor !! :D
Hope that is ok !

• Gillette Slim
  • Gillette Fatboy
  • Pearl Flexi
  • Rex Ambassador
  • Parker Variant
  • Merkur Futur
  • Merkur Progress
  • A Mergress (incoming soon)
  • Some chinese clones / adjustables

How about SE adjustable razors like Personna and the newer Parker SE adjustable ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom