What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL '23

Today's adjustable shave was with my Merkur Futur with an Astra SP blade (2). Usually I reserve the Futur for a final pass wide open at #6.5. Today I did the whole shave with it, starting at #2 and finishing at #6.5. I've learnt to keep a careful hold of the Futur when Shaving around my nose and mouth because the weight of the head can allow it to slide sideways, which will lead to bloodshed. That why I usually start with a more nimble razor but, aside from that, the Futur is versatile enough to shave anywhere. Today was just another pleasant BBS shave.
Final pass at 6.5? I finally purchased a Merkur Futur the other day. I saw a video to shave first pass at 6/6.5, second pass at 3 or 4 and final pass set to 1. I did that on my first shave with this razor and I must say, it was the best, closest shave I have ever had! No nicks or burn. This is my first adjustable and I wasn't sure about the razor when I unboxed it but after my first shave, this is a keeper.

Final pass at 6.5? I finally purchased a Merkur Futur the other day. I saw a video to shave first pass at 6/6.5, second pass at 3 or 4 and final pass set to 1. I did that on my first shave with this razor and I must say, it was the best, closest shave I have ever had! No nicks or burn. This is my first adjustable and I wasn't sure about the razor when I unboxed it but after my first shave, this is a keeper.
I always start with lower settings (or even a milder razor) around my mouth and chin then go for something more aggressive on my cheeks, jawline and especially my neck. I haven't yet found a more effective DE razor than the Futur, though.

Heritage Gibbs Homage
Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Second use of the Heritage, second use of the blade. It felt like the blade was scraping and tugging hair when I did the first pass on 4. Dropped to 2 and it didn't feel as bad and still shaved close, just not comfortable. I'll use the same blade in the TFC Tomorrow to see if it's the blade.

View attachment 1639931
I find it very aggresive, is it only me?

I find it very aggresive, is it only me?
I'm not sure if I would call it aggressive, but it's kind of a rough shave for me. The shave after that one was with a brass Yaqi TFC which is another Gibbs clone with the same blade and it was great. The Heritage looks amazing just doesn't shave well for me, I'll definitely try it again but have a few others that need some attention.

Today's was adjustable July!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_083138_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_083138_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
1) JAHE
2) tehnothing
3) Multum in parvo
4) jason2
5) ewk
6) StewB
7) Ted A