Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - Rasoir Revelation Reglable w/ Personna Lab
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10

Bien! Très bien! Now that I've figured out this razor I had to use it again one more time before Modern May. It's a very good design for a 3 piece adjustable it's just terribly executed. I got one side of the blade lined up and used that side again.

Face 2 turns back. Neck 1 turn back. Nose/chin 2 turns back. Head 2 turns back.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, my Adjustable April is at a close. I've used most all mine, save a couple spares. I have received the Atelier Durdan passaround set, so I'll be getting my adjustability thenext few weeks via those different heads & plates. One last Fatboy shave though ..

DSC01051.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
4-29-23.Yaqi.Mike's.SV.Cocobolo.640.JPG

My settings were these: 2, 6, and 1.

This is not my favorite adjustable. It lacks the great low end for my ATG S-N upper lip shaving needs. It's not the smoothest adjustable in my den.

That said, for the money it is an amazingly good razor. It's very likely to meet the needs of many gentlemen with an upper lip less sensitive than mine. It looks great. It is stylish in my view of it. It looks way better than a razor at its price point should.

Plus, it comes with a stand as I recall.

Anyway, you might love it. I don't, but I think you might.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Adjustable April for Friday -

Razor: Parker Variant (2)
Blade: Gillette sharp edge
Pre-shave: Vikings Blade pre-shave cream
Lather: Razor Emporium February 2023 Arizona meet-up soap
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool balm
Splash: Rex Supply Co. 1955

I dialed the Variant down to 2 to see how it shaves. Very nice! Although, there are a couple of spots that are more difficult to shave with a minimal blade gap. Cranked the Variant blade gap up to 4 - problem solved. Great razor for me and nice to use.

April 28th: Possibly last shave of the month

Rex Ambassador/Lord Platinum(3rd)
Soap Commander Endurance/30mm Tuxedo
Witch Hazel-Mentholated w/Old-Spice Scenting Oil
Old-Spice (Homebrew)
Soap Commander Endurance Balm
Old Spice Cologne (Spray)

Really close BBS in 3-Passes this morning.

04/28/23

First pass with Beard trimmer
Preshave showered with PAA Mentholated Cube
Brush: 2019 RV Shaving Manchurian
Bowl: Face Lathered
Soap, Splash, Shower Gel, and, Frag: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Razor: PAA Aluminum Ascension Twist loosened borderline too far first pass, snug the second.
Blade: Vintage Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)

9.5 SAS some red

Pretty rough first shave with this razor. If that was adjustable, I would rather have it set snug. Maybe there is more adjustment than I found. I'll try some other time. I will reserve my remarks for when I have had a few shaves. I kind of wish I had shaved with my Vintage Rotbart Mond Extra SC RFB. Oh well. I smell good by the way. I am so glad I found the Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
47E96D9E-20B2-463E-BA53-8F2C516C1E68.jpeg

Adjustable April Week 4. Second last shave for Adjustable April and second last shave for my J4 Slim and the Feather blade. Still going with a light touch, a pretty good shave for a Saturday day morning. I finished a tub of Proraso Green and lucky I have a couple tucked away in reserve.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Vintage Adjustable April '23 on King C Gillette Weekend

Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - 1920 Old Type Big Fellow w/ Personna Lab
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Aqua Velva
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10

Marvelous. Last couple Vintage Adjustable April shaves. Went back to the old type Big Fellow. Super efficient and favorite old type.

Face 1/4 turn back. Neck snugged down. Nose/chin 1/8 turn back. Head 1/8 turn back.

Razor: Supply Pro
Blade: Supply Black (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Gentlemen’s Hardware synthetic
Soap: Proraso Red
Witch Hazel
Balm: TOBS Luxury
Aftershave: inspired by Bootleggers Perfecto Maduro

I’m getting comfortable, injury-free DFS+ shaves from this razor and blade

IMG_2164.jpeg

Adjustable April Saturday shave

Razor: Gillette Slim 1962 set at 6
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post Shave: Omega Alum Block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

It was my second shave with a Slim, and like the first shave it was terrific! Three passes: WTG, XTG, ATG with minor touch ups.
After a shave like that I often ponder the fact that I could be happy with this Slim as my only razor. It's that good.
No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

10/10

Enjoy the weekend and have some excellent shaves!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
660088C3-BDF2-4ACB-A688-C619571EE043.jpeg

Adjustable April last shave for 2023. Seventh and last shaves with both my J4 Slim and a Feather blade. A good finish to the week, no balm today just some Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Lotion. Also finished my tub of Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap. A sad day.

Top Bottom