What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL '23

20220330_085818-01-01.jpeg

Good Day everyone 😀

Due to the great success last year, I would like to open another round of the "Adjustable April" series. I am looking forward to many participants joining this year as well....

Here are the "rules":

Basically, there are no "rules"...
All it takes is to give your adjustable razor(s) some spins. This thread is open for every type of traditional adjustable razor, vintage or modern, pricey or affordable - every adjustable razor is welcome. However, this thread shall not include razors with interchangable baseplates (say Karve CB or Rockwell 6S)...

We'll start off on April, 1st. In case you are late to the party just join in later, see rule #4 😉

The idea is to shave the whole month of April with adjustable razors exclusively (at least that is what I'll do again), but you don't necessarily have to participate on a daily basis. This means some will participate with a few shaves only, others will go all in for 30 consecutive shaves. Whatever floats your boat, that's perfectly fine... 😀

Whenever you use your adjustable razors in April, please post your shave. It's doesn't have to have a SOTD pic (although, you know it, we REALLY love pictures), just tell us something about your shave and the razor...

Have fun!

Do we need a matching battle cry? Okay. Here we go:
"Crank 'em up!"😎

I'll open a list in the next post!
Just copy/paste the list and include your name... and then... crank 'em up!

Cheers!

I might as well sign up now. No matter how much time I mull over the concept, I know I’m going to participate

1) JAHE
2) tehnothing
3) Multum in parvo
4) jason2
5) ewk
6) StewB
7) Ted A
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

I am in for at least a week!!

1) JAHE
2) tehnothing
3) Multum in parvo
4) jason2
5) ewk
6) StewB
7) Ted A
8) Cheekee
9) Happy Jack
10) Clouds
11) Old Hippie
12) Balin
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Why aren’t we allowing adjustable razors that have interchangeable baseplates like the Rockwell 6c? That seems fairly arbitrary! I shave on nothing but adjustable since I really like to get that perfect feel, but at the moment I’ve switched from a Merkur Futur to a Rockwell 6c baseplate 3, because it feels just a little bit better than any setting I could find on the Futur.

I personally don't care. But I also don't think a razor is adjustable if I have to take it apart mid shave. It's just changing a baseplate.

I also like the first sentence to rule #1

Oh and I like rule #4 too

Last edited:
Top Bottom