What's new

Adidas Dynamic Pulse aftershave - Splash - What scent is this?

Okay, people have been saying aqua velva smells so good they get complimented all the time, but when I went to walmart to try it out, jesus, it was very strong and very perfumey that I couldn't imagine wearing it for even 1 second.

When I tried adidas dynamic pulse, which was about $6 or so, I could tolerate that more, you know what, I actually enjoyed it very much. It was a very fresh smell, not very overpowering, but still had hint of masculinity.

For those of you who tried adidas line of aftershaves, what do we call this kind of scent?
Are there any other brands that has similar scent? Just trying to see if there are any other options when I get tired of this adidas one.

Adidas makes another one called Deep Energy but it's hard to find. I bought mine at a Meijer's. I'm not good at describing scents but both seem pleasant.

I second what Jinx said. Last time I was in walmart, I smelled some of it, and actually liked the scent, but didn't pick any up.

Aqua Velva smells rather strong out of the bottle, but the scent definitely mellows out pretty quickly, so don't be discouraged from trying it.

I picked up a bottle at a bargain outlet store. I don't know how to describe the scent, but I like it and I'm pleased at how long lasting the scent it for an aftershave. Quite the divergence from my usual "barbershop" scents (Masters, Pinaud). And in a glass container; a double win.

"...typical mens cologne type fragrance" to quote Jinx18. Maybe I'll browse over to Basenotes and see what they say about it.

I enjoy Adidas aftershaves, I have Deep Energy, Ice Dive, Victory League, and Dynamic Pulse. This is how I rank them based on scent.

1. Victory League - actually one of my favorite scents out of all my aftershaves and I have about 15
2. Ice Dive
3. Dynamic Pulse
4. Deep Energy

Get some AV. It mellows after application to a nice powderish for Al scent, but still manly. You won't be disappointed!

I actually keep a bottle at work and splash some on at lunchtime to get me through the rest of the day!

Top Bottom