What's new

ADELCO Greek cream available

I have used it. Nothing to write home about. A green bitter scent like don shaving cream. Mediocre post shave, good lather but not the most protective. There are better options in the Greek market. FYI adelco is a company that makes colours. ***...
And that's why my friend Ron i never sent you adelco.

I have used it. Nothing to write home about. A green bitter scent like don shaving cream. Mediocre post shave, good lather but not the most protective. There are better options in the Greek market. FYI adelco is a company that makes colours. ***...
Sadly the legendary Greek Kolynos cream is long gone now....it had a fantastic scent,and lathered very well....... If you can find Greek Froika , it's really top drawer cream....

Yes I know. I sent you one of the last two Froika tubes. Kolynos is good as a scent but very unique.
You can't find a similar scent. The cream -kolynos- was mediocre but a nice one (if that makes sense).
I have about ten tubes. Hahaha.
If you want any just tell me.

Don shaving cream........is that or was that a menthol cream from the Czech Republic?

Rick

yes
that's it...
The scent is a bitter green one. Yes it said it contains menthol but is not as cold as proraso for example.

I had this cream a long time ago but I didn’t like the scent too much. The lather was good but the menthol sensation was not strong as well. Just a mild cooling effect - nothing more.

Rick

Yes I know. I sent you one of the last two Froika tubes. Kolynos is good as a scent but very unique.
You can't find a similar scent. The cream -kolynos- was mediocre but a nice one (if that makes sense).
I have about ten tubes. Hahaha.
If you want any just tell me.

Kolynos and Splendid - dear memories of Thessaloniki!

Rick

The PROSAR cream and aftershave are nice, and still availa
pro.jpg
pros.jpg
ble online

Any other recommendations from the Greek market worth trying?
You can find easily in Hondos center or other mass market stores stuff.
Check: Splendid shaving powder, Prosar shaving cream, Noxzema for the Greek Market is in almost all supermarkets. If you are lucky you might find discontinued stuff like Prosar aftershave, kolynos shave cream or Froika shave cream.
You can also trace with a little luck Lydia P. aftershave cream. Greek EDC used as aftershave.
Menounos or Norina are the two major brands. Miss Sandy a other brand. A great old eau de cologne is Mirto where you can find it in all supermarkets or big cosmetics shops.
Last but not least Bic Astor blades or Bic chrome Platinum are readily available everywhere. Especially Astor.

In Hondos center there is a vegan shave soap called bennessere. Ok it is handmade but not a good one. It has an olive oil base. It dissipates quickly.

Noxzema also offers Greek Aftershaves for the Greek Market. In all supermarkets. There are str8 Aftershaves and edt. There is also a Tommy G aftershave balm and various Edt. All cosmetic shops might offer this.
Norina also offers an asl with a scent similar to aqua velva.
There is a good balm called Herbana but in certain shops.
Faena also offers a range of astershaves, soaps and brushes. All handmade.

There is an artisan soapmaker who makes kerkini soap on etsy.com. It is handmade and works like the best soaps. Another one lesser known is Savon Mystere soap. This is harder to find. Good soap though.

For any more info tell me.

You can find easily in Hondos center or other mass market stores stuff.
Check: Splendid shaving powder, Prosar shaving cream, Noxzema for the Greek Market is in almost all supermarkets. If you are lucky you might find discontinued stuff like Prosar aftershave, kolynos shave cream or Froika shave cream.
You can also trace with a little luck Lydia P. aftershave cream. Greek EDC used as aftershave.
Menounos or Norina are the two major brands. Miss Sandy a other brand. A great old eau de cologne is Mirto where you can find it in all supermarkets or big cosmetics shops.
Last but not least Bic Astor blades or Bic chrome Platinum are readily available everywhere. Especially Astor.

In Hondos center there is a vegan shave soap called bennessere. Ok it is handmade but not a good one. It has an olive oil base. It dissipates quickly.

Noxzema also offers Greek Aftershaves for the Greek Market. In all supermarkets. There are str8 Aftershaves and edt. There is also a Tommy G aftershave balm and various Edt. All cosmetic shops might offer this.
Norina also offers an asl with a scent similar to aqua velva.
There is a good balm called Herbana but in certain shops.
Faena also offers a range of astershaves, soaps and brushes. All handmade.

There is an artisan soapmaker who makes kerkini soap on etsy.com. It is handmade and works like the best soaps. Another one lesser known is Savon Mystere soap. This is harder to find. Good soap though.

For any more info tell me.

Thank you very mach for your recommendations.

Lots of great info and products to try.

Top Bottom