What's new

Adding To The Grinder Question Collection

Another option is the Hario Skerton. With the upgrade kit to help stabilize the lower burr when grinding for french press it is generally well regarded for the price.

Another option is the Hario Skerton. With the upgrade kit to help stabilize the lower burr when grinding for french press it is generally well regarded for the price.

Or two of them if they want to spend $70.

I enjoy my two. They are nice .

Thank you Mick and StillShaving for the recommendations. I ended up buying the Javapresse Manual Grinder Manual Burr Coffee Grinder from amazon. I will post back on how I think it performs(with my little knowledge and experience). It was the Best Seller and Highest Rated on amazon and about half the price of some of the other grinders. Now with the extra money looking to get a good bag of fresh beans :)

Thank you Mick and StillShaving for the recommendations. I ended up buying the Javapresse Manual Grinder Manual Burr Coffee Grinder from amazon. I will post back on how I think it performs(with my little knowledge and experience). It was the Best Seller and Highest Rated on amazon and about half the price of some of the other grinders. Now with the extra money looking to get a good bag of fresh beans :)

5 stars and 1500 reviews.

Can't go wrong

Quick Update: Have now used the grinder twice. From what I can tell very consistent grind. Bought some fresh beans from a roaster that's here in Utah. Roast date of 6/11/18. What a difference fresh grind and roast makes! I didn't really believe it would make as big a difference as people say but it's night and day. It's going to be much harder to drink pre-ground now. Good for my taste buds, bad for my wallet.

Quick Update: Have now used the grinder twice. From what I can tell very consistent grind. Bought some fresh beans from a roaster that's here in Utah. Roast date of 6/11/18. What a difference fresh grind and roast makes! I didn't really believe it would make as big a difference as people say but it's night and day. It's going to be much harder to drink pre-ground now. Good for my taste buds, bad for my wallet.

The difference between fresh and old is the same for anything that you eat.

You would not consider eating brown or wilted vegetables but not give second thought about drinking old stale coffee (just pour in more milk and sugar to hide the bitterness, it'll be fine).

The difference between fresh and old is the same for anything that you eat.

You would not consider eating brown or wilted vegetables but not give second thought about drinking old stale coffee (just pour in more milk and sugar to hide the bitterness, it'll be fine).
Milk and sugar in coffee??? Just say no.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Have had the grinder for a couple weeks now. After the first few times grinding due to a defect my hopper kept coming disconnected from the stainless steel tube. After reporting to JavaPresse they sent me a new grinder free of charge the next day. I can't say enough about the customer service they provided. I would definitely recommend them.

Based on this thread and those reviews, I bought one July 14th, along with the Javapresse stainless steel pour over cone. Been using both with great success. Thanks folks!

Top Bottom