What's new

Adding Photographs

How do you add a photograph from your computer memory to a post.
I do not store pictures on the cloud etc.
A click by click account would be appreciated.
As you may have already guessed, I am a complete puddenhead when it comes to
computer things.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Under the right hand corner of the reply window is an "Upload a File" button, click. Will connect to your computer where you navigate to the file holding the picture you want to upload, double click the picture you want uploaded and that's it. You could leave it as an uploaded attachment or click the button for 'Thumbnail' or 'Full Image' to include the image in the body of your post. Image will be placed wherever your cursor is.

You can also group upload from a file by using the control or shift key to designate the group of photos you want uploaded.

Limit of ten images per post.

dave

A GILLETTE PRODDUCT.jpg

A GILLETTE PRODDUCT.jpg My trial attempt at adding photographs.
This is a photo on the bay in the uk.
The double D spelling mistake in the printing makes me very suspicious of the items origins.

Thank you to @miguel and @davent

Cheers all.

This is a photo on the bay in the uk.
The double D spelling mistake in the printing makes me very suspicious of the items origins..
The origin of the image appears to be Gillette Wilkinson Razor Blades | Gillette India
  • I do not believe that it is a photograph of a real blade, but rather a CGI or Photoshop rendering of one, tarted up just for the ad.
  • No actual blade would have that diagonal satin finish, but it's a typical "metallic-looking" pattern in graphic arts software.
  • That reflection under it? Nah. Too perfect.
  • The typeface is totally wrong - has serifs and too much of a slant, so the artist failed to do their homework. (Can't spell, either, or maybe just got carried away from seeing the double letters in "Gillette".)
  • The multiple highlights along the top and bottom edges are not plausible. If they were the result of multiple light sources there would be multiple shadow edges. Otherwise, the edges look wavy.

Real photos of real blades are flat and boring.
proxy.php

Oops. I see now that it's been discussed - Fake Gillette Wilkinson Sword ????

How do you add a photograph from your computer memory to a post.
I do not store pictures on the cloud etc.
If you think you might want to be posting the same image several times in different posts or at different times, like a photo of a favourite razor, it's worthwhile uploading it to an Album in your Media library.
My albums are here - Media for user: John Rose | Badger & Blade - but I can't find yours, for some reason.

At any rate, your Media items are easily accessible by clicking on the little camera icon in the post edit menu bar, which brings up a preview gallery.
proxy.php

I load my photos into Imgur. When you click open one of your files it gives you different options on the right hand side for file sharing. Copy the 'BB Code', and paste that link in here.
proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oops. I see now that it's been discussed - Fake Gillette Wilkinson Sword ????

If you think you might want to be posting the same image several times in different posts or at different times, like a photo of a favourite razor, it's worthwhile uploading it to an Album in your Media library.
My albums are here - Media for user: John Rose | Badger & Blade - but I can't find yours, for some reason.

At any rate, your Media items are easily accessible by clicking on the little camera icon in the post edit menu bar, which brings up a preview gallery.
proxy.php

I did not know that. I just click the Upload A File button and from the popup window I select a file from the pictures section on the 'puter.

Thanks John!

Last edited:
Top Bottom