What's new

Adding menthol to aftershave

Hi!

I just placed order for some menthol crystals wich i am going to add to my 400ml floid aftershave to give it more kick in the nuts menthol feel!

I just wanted to know has anyone ever done this and if so, what where the results?

Really like the menthol kick and want it to be heck of a strong one so i definently want to try it.

I have done it and it is a RUSH! I melt my Crystals in RA and then add to my AS for a Super Kick Rush of COLD!

So far I have done my AV Ice Blue/Barbarsol/ Swan mix and My Skin Bracer / Barbarsol Green mix.

It feels like a shot of ice cold compressed gas.

Just ordered some crystals for my fav aftershave. $6.00 shipped on Amazon is hella better than $20.00 for a small bottle of cryogen on WCS and then paying $7.00 for shipping. I plan on dropping quite a few in my large bottle of Proraso Green. I love that stuff and now I can fine tune the chill to my own liking. I love whoever came up with this idea.

A thought for you -- don't do the whole 400 ml bottle. First, it is so nicely mentholated as it is. Second, if you add too much, you can't go back.

If you just have to do the whole bottle, then go slowly. Add a bit, then use it. Next day, add some more.

Let us know how it works out.

A thought for you -- don't do the whole 400 ml bottle. First, it is so nicely mentholated as it is. Second, if you add too much, you can't go back.

If you just have to do the whole bottle, then go slowly. Add a bit, then use it. Next day, add some more.

Let us know how it works out.
I do have a smaller bottle also. Maybe I'll EXPERIMENT with that one first weighing the amount added daily until I reach my desired effect. That should tell me by weight how much I would want to add to the large bottle to achieve my personal perfect level of menthol.

Just ordered some crystals for my fav aftershave. $6.00 shipped on Amazon is hella better than $20.00 for a small bottle of cryogen on WCS and then paying $7.00 for shipping. I plan on dropping quite a few in my large bottle of Proraso Green. I love that stuff and now I can fine tune the chill to my own liking. I love whoever came up with this idea.

I love adding Osage Rub to Proraso Green! The chill makes it perfect for summer!

How much stronger would you say Osage is than Proraso?

They're two different, but complimentary things. Osage brings the chill, while Proraso makes the skin feel good after a shave. They both have a eucalyptus note to them, but the Osage is much more "medicinal" smelling.
I'll splash the Proraso in my hand then add several drops of Osage, then splash on my face and neck. I like the cooling factor, but I want more to it than just that. Otherwise, I'd skip the Proraso altogether. On hot days when I'm working outside, I will splash Osage Rub on my neck and face for the cooling sensation, it's pretty nice.

If you just want an icy blast and don't really care about anything else, just go ahead with your plan with the crystals. I'll second the suggestion to not go crazy until you see how it works out.

Osage Rub and Skin Bracer works, too.

You could easily substitute your crystals for either of the things I mentioned, should work great. It just so happens that I have the Osage Rub, so that's what I use.

I've had good results putting about 1 gram in for every 100ml. It's important to let it sit a few days to fully integrate. I tried it after one day and there was very little menthol, but after a few more days the menthol was there. I'm glad I didn't overload it because 1 gram seems about right for me.

You can overdose it. By using another vessel, you can dilute if need be. I had to do that once. Too much makes the eyes water so much the snot starts to run. Not good if you're on your way out the door! Good stuff. Goes great in Pinaud citrus offerings. I also add some to Osage and Proraso.

Time to bring this one back from the dead. I've had great luck adding witch hazel and aloe vera gel to my Pinaud Classic Vanilla Aftershave, and so I said why not add a menthol kick. Ordered an 8oz bag off amazon, and added two crystals to the bottle. I'll shave on Thursday so we'll see how things turn out. I'm pumped!

I put too much menthol crystals in some witch hazel recently. Go slow.

2 teaspoons was too much. My eyes water when I use it.

Good luck! I like a little face freeze as much as the next guy, but I don‘t like the scent of the AS being overrun by the smell of menthol.

Top Bottom